Price of oil drops to $54 per barrel

SSThunder

Thought this would be a good discussion since gas prices haven't moved in my area even though oil had dropped $4 or $5 in the past week. I was pretty pi$$ed yesterday to still be paying $2.21 for 87 octane for the beater even though the price of oil had dropped a lot. Will gas prices ever come down? :mad: What's the reason they haven't so far :banghead:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they do, but something tells me they wont.

Funny how supply and demand isn't driving the price these days unless it's in favor of the oil industry. Hurricanes didn't hit and the winter has been mild so far(played golf last weekend and weekend after Christmas lol) but still gas prices are high($2.21, $2.31 & $2.41) even though the price of oil is in the $54 per barrel range. :wtf:

WOW $2.41 for premium!!!!!!!! you lucky son of a gun.  I filled up yesterday and paid $2.72 a gallon for premium haha.

2.63 for premium on craig and lamb. its right by my work so its not out of my way but i don't know how often you go that far north. the prices don't need to be this high. right after 9-11 the presedent made the gas prices drop to try and make people drive more. in ventura ca. at that time i saw .99 cent a gallon gas prices. so these prices can be controlled.

WOW $2.41 for premium!!!!!!!! you lucky son of a gun.  I filled up yesterday and paid $2.72 a gallon for premium haha.

2.63 for premium on craig and lamb. its right by my work so its not out of my way but i don't know how often you go that far north. the prices don't need to be this high. right after 9-11 the presedent made the gas prices drop to try and make people drive more. in ventura ca. at that time i saw .99 cent a gallon gas prices. so these prices can be controlled.

I think he was also doing that to keep some stations from price gouging. By the afternoon of 9-11-2001 I saw a couple of stations charging close to $3.00 a gallon.

I'm never really up there. Unless i'm going to the drag strip the farthest North I pretty much ever travel is sunset and that is seldom. I pretty much stay south of warm springs and gas is always expensive up here. The closest chevron to my house is normally .10 more expensive too, the one on 515 and horizon.