engine noise

firervfd37

not sure what it is....never heard piston slap....it sounds like maybe somethings loose or something but it also doesnt do it everytime. very weird......i just wanted to get some opinions before i take the custom tune out and put the stock one back in before i take it to the dealership

the noise of a draft or something from the passenger side

I had this problem the dealer had to remove the front window and replace the gasket, DON'T let them put some sealer on it :nono: and let it ride make'em change it :thumbs:

He did tell me they had a few come in for this 05 & 06 :chevy:

later

its only in the higer rpm's also...sorry forgot to mention that...yah i am going to take it in about the wind noise. if i take it in for both problems they will reflash my pcm wont they? so i have to put the stock one back in?

its only in the higer rpm's also...sorry forgot to mention that...yah i am going to take it in about the wind noise. if i take it in for both problems they will reflash my pcm wont they? so i have to put the stock one back in?

Yea had the same noise during accelration but I got long tubes and a tune an now I cant hear it anymore!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

have vortex/max with 1350 miles. came to a stop,excellerated and nothing but a loud tapping sound and no power,finally stalled. could not start it. was towed to chevy y dealer on friday...they would have to check with the factory on monday. i'm a little afraid of this engine. some one reminded me that cadillac tried the 4,6,8 and it was abandoned. any suggestions??

have vortex/max with 1350 miles. came to a stop,excellerated and nothing but a loud tapping sound and no power,finally stalled. could not start it. was towed to chevy y dealer on friday...they would have to check with the factory on monday. i'm a little afraid of this engine. some one reminded me that cadillac tried the 4,6,8 and it was abandoned. any suggestions??

It's a shame that your first post had to be a bad one. Broken timing chain? Not sure, but good luck.