radar detectors

KJT13

i've been thinking about getting a radar detector recently and i've been wondering what you guys have, like, recommend?? :dunno:

i haven't bought one in over ten years since i never really felt the need to, and normally i have a good eye, but lately, the foot has been alittle heavy and the lane changes more frequent. :driving::mad:

i apologize in advance if there is already a thread on this, i forgot to check since it just popped in my head, but since i already typed all this here goes.

ive got a valentine 1 , it kick ass!!! i havent been pulled over with it in over a year.(for speeding at least) it tells you where the signla is coming (front,rear or side) and what type of radar it is and how strong the signal is. money well spent, i have mine hardwired but i have the cig lighter adaptor when i go on trips in other cars.

DSC01393.jpg

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

I have the pasport cordless it runs on 2 AA's and I like it alot! the last two passports my friend and I had started just beeping for no reason all the time. So we had to send them back and for 45.00 they replaced them. Not bad service! I guess I always figure "How much is my DL worth to me?" when buying one. But it always comes down to don't write a check you tail can't cash while driving." " You do the crime just pay the damn fine!" :nono:

I do a lot of Interstate driving. I run a basic Cobra Unit fro a Radar Detector but the CB Radio is the best tool bar none. The radar detector doesn't tell you about the pile-up 10 miles down the road. I highly reccommend BOTH be used to really be effective. There have been way too many times the cops have been sitting there without any alert whatsoever from the detector, but I knew where they were already miles back because of the CB Radio