F**K

04CHASE

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah it sucks but im trying not be angry and look at the bright side. i did order my crank today .

I could understand you wanting to be angry but don't. I would be more disappointed than mad. You knew you would have to do something different with the motor eventually... I say, now is better than later, its gotta be hard with money being tight, but it'll all work out. If anything, you could start a "Help Chase catch 10's fund raiser" on the site and bring in a few bucks from the local SSer's :jester:

lol yeah it would be nice, it is cool to be able to say i did this on my own though. the good side of things is actually this isnt going to be as expensive as i first thought.

block =600

crank=800

heads=1300

cam=400

rods=375

pistons=600

and anythigng salvageable from the old motor

i already have paid for everything but the rods/pistons and block. the rods i should have by next week, block is getting picked up on monday. crank should arrive next week. and i should have the motor pulled by this weekend. im hoping to have it running by march. i am going to custom order the pistons from je. im going to aim for 9.5=1 compression ratio and try and run 15 psi and 100-150 shot of juice.(only at the track).

can't wait to see the 1/4 mi numbers

Have you thought, or are you going to O-ring the block/heads?
Not worth doing - use a premium Cometic or SCE gasket & larger diameter ARP head studs (from W2W).

Mr. P.

I've heard alot of peple using Comrtic gaskets, but never looked into them. My last build was my GN back in 95.

I need to get with the times. :banghead: