Rebuilt 2003 LQ9 FS

Bowtie70SS

I have the original engine out of my SS for sale. The short block is completely rebuilt with Mahle forged pistons and cracked cap connecting rods with ARP bolts. It is bored .010 over and I was told will have 9.75 to 1 compression with the stock heads. Here is a list of parts included and condition:

Short block: 0 miles Completely rebuilt with new pistons, rods, rings, bearings, balanced.

Cam: I ran it for 3000 miles in this engine Comp cam .640/.640 227 115 lobe sep

Lifters: New morel ML2148H-16

Heads: Stock 317 with Patriot springs(3000 miles on springs) with TI retainers and 10 degree locks and seals. Heads have 55k on them

Timing Set: 0 miles New billet double roller

Oil Pump: 0 miles New GM (I still have to pick up)

Pushrods: Stock 55k miles

Head bolts: ARP Used 3000 miles

Rockers: Stock GM 55k miles

NO coil packs or stock intake, accesory brackets available

The crank pulley has been drilled and pinned but not installed at this piont. I have all of the original engine covers, the stock oil pan, manifolds, valve covers and water pump. At this point the short block is wrapped in plastic in the garage...just picked it up last week. The engine is not put together (short block is) but I would be happy to assemble it if somebody is interested in it that way. Other wise I may consider parting it out (short block as a complete unit though). I do take paypal and I will mock it up, put it on a crate and drop it off at a shipper although we'll have to work together to find one.

I am looking for $2800 which I believe is more than fair. PM me and I can give you my phone number if you want more details

Edited by Bowtie70SS (see edit history)

The reason for the sale is because they kept me waiting so long on it that I went and bought a 10k mile used engine. The used engine cost me $2800+tax and I need to recoup me expenses. I would love to be able to keep it but I can't afford to so it's gotta go. My truck is my driver so I had to have it up and running. Thanks for the bump!

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

It's tax time...hopefully I can make a sale. If not next Tuesday I'm gonna price everything out individually and go from there. I have had lots of interest in the short block and the lifters, timing chain, and oil pump are still in their original packages so I hope to have some luck that way if not as a complete unit.

Dave