• Bears
    • Colts
    • Patriots
    • Saints

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have liked to see the Chargers go all the way and meet the saints in the SuperBowl.

LT is a class act, and him being angry about NE celebrating on their home turf is understandable.  He had a great game, and he was angry.  If you arent angry that you team didnt come ready to play, and then watch some no names on the Patriots celebrate on your home turf and not get pissed, youve never played a competitive sport ever.

LT defended his teamatte as he should have. Whether Merriman took roids or not, he served his time under the NFL rules and guidlines.  Blame the NFL for not taking away the accolades he received over the course of the year.

i agree, it's the NFL's fault and yes I have no problem with Tomlinson getting mad. it's a heat of the moment situation at the end of a tough loss. no one wants their season to end in that manner. but to call the Patriots "classless" is off-base. Tomlinson didn't find Merriman running his mouth all week classless.

from the look of things, all the teams in the playoffs can be beat.

Would have liked to see the Chargers go all the way and meet the saints in the SuperBowl.

LT is a class act, and him being angry about NE celebrating on their home turf is understandable.  He had a great game, and he was angry.  If you arent angry that you team didnt come ready to play, and then watch some no names on the Patriots celebrate on your home turf and not get pissed, youve never played a competitive sport ever.

LT defended his teamatte as he should have. Whether Merriman took roids or not, he served his time under the NFL rules and guidlines.  Blame the NFL for not taking away the accolades he received over the course of the year.

Sorry after listening to mr roid rage all week badmouth the patriots they were completely just in there actions shoving it right in the face of a bunch of sore losers!The only classless one yesterday was that cry baby for calling out the entire organization for being classless which is so far from the truth it's not even funny!Then calls out bill who had absolutley nothing to do with it!Did you see the other teams cry 17 times this year after merriroid does his little #@$ dance on there field no, so everyone from the water boy to the coach on the chargers can shut their piehole and stop making themselves look like a bunch of 2 year olds mad because they didnt win!

If they dont want the patriots celebrating on their home turf maybe they should of won the game!Biggest bunch of sore losers ive ever seen in the nfl, thats the trophy the chargers win this year!

Edited by Bigdogx (see edit history)

Sorry after listening to mr roid rage all week badmouth the patriots they were completely just in there actions shoving it right in the face of a bunch of sore losers!The only classless one yesterday was that cry baby for calling out the entire organization for being classless which is so far from the truth it's not even funny!Then calls out bill who had absolutley nothing to do with it!Did you see the other teams cry 17 times this year after merriroid does his little #@$ dance on there field no, so everyone from the water boy to the coach on the chargers can shut their piehole and stop making themselves look like a bunch of 2 year olds mad because they didnt win!

If they dont want the patriots celebrating on their home turf maybe they should of won the game!Biggest bunch of sore losers ive ever seen in the nfl, thats the trophy the chargers win this year!

Amen. :cheers:

tom brady may be mr. clutch but the chargers threw that game away. manning falls apart every year in the playoffs. the saints are playing great football and the bears are pretty solid. thats going to be a tough call. bears over pats in the super bowl.

i hate the patriots....i wish the chargers woulda beat them.

thank you...and merriman wasn't rag dolled at all he was getting double coverage all day and he still got though once. There is no reason to rag on LT no matter how much you don't like the chargers...he is not low class at all, he is probably one of the most respected players in the NFL.

thank you...and merriman wasn't rag dolled at all he was getting double coverage all day and he still got though once. There is no reason to rag on LT no matter how much you don't like the chargers...he is not low class at all, he is probably one of the most respected players in the NFL.

He was imo also until that pathetic display he showed at his press conference!He is mad because his team let him down, so take it out on the other team, sorry but that makes him look like a pathetic sore losers imo period end of discussion!And sorry matt light dominated merriman all day long dont worry nfl network will replay the game so you can see what a non factor he was the entire game again!

Again charger fans answer me this why is it alright for merriman to do his dance on the other teams field after every sack, but it's wrong for a patriots player who just won one of the biggest victorys in franchise history to do it on their turf?Complete double standard imo, like i said in my last post, dont like the visiting team celebrating on your field then win the game it's really that simple!

i just wish Light could play like that against Schoebel and Jason Taylor.  he's a turnstyle against those two.

Well for one Taylor is a better player then merriman is and knows this pats team well, and two it just seems that when you need a big game from light he comes thru.Hell they even switched merriman over to the other side because he could not even get a wiff of brady yesterday!

He was imo also until that pathetic display he showed at his press conference!He is mad because his team let him down, so take it out on the other team, sorry but that makes him look like a pathetic sore losers imo period end of discussion!And sorry matt light dominated merriman all day long dont worry nfl network will replay the game so you can see what a non factor he was the entire game again!

Again charger fans answer me this why is it alright for merriman to do his dance on the other teams field after every sack, but it's wrong for a patriots player who just won one of the biggest victorys in franchise history to do it on their turf?Complete double standard imo, like i said in my last post, dont like the visiting team celebrating on your field then win the game it's really that simple!

You must have never played a sport in HS or college.

LT is one of the few poeple in the NFL that doesnt do some moronic dance or showboat his talent like the Terrel Owens, Charles Johnson, and other egotistical players in the NFL. LT keeps his mouth shut and lets his play on the field do the talking.

He has every right to sit there and get irritated that a couple of Patriots would celebrate in moronic fashion on their 50 yard line. Whether Merriman talked smack before the game doesnt have anything to do with it. Hes has a big mouth and 9 out of 10 times he backs it up on game day. Matt Light owned him throughout the game, doing a great job. Merriman isnt the first or last guy to call the Patriots out, or any other team in the league.

I personally would have thought more of the patriots and bill belicheck then let Ellis Hobbs and some other no names do what they did. Sure LT didnt have the right to call out the entire orginization or belicheck himself. But in a way I understand, because the Patriots are a class act with Brady and Bruchii(sp?).

All LT is saying is he expected more out of the orginization and their coach. LT felt disrespected, because im sure he wouldnt be supporting any guy on his team who mocks a team on their home turf.

The whole issue of Merriman celebrating after each sack is what he does. Guys have been doing it since the Reggie White and Bruce Smith days on the late 80's early 90's. Hes not the first and wont be the last. Im not a fan of the showboating, but its completely different to show boat one play in a game compared to showboating after the other team lost on their 50 yardline

I dont favor the Chargers over the Patriots. Hell my teams are the 49ers and the Bills. I just wanted to see LT get to the SuperBowl and win one, because of the fact hes one of the leagues premeire players, and a guy who donates alot of money and time to underprivelleged youth

You can keep your opinion and I will keep mine. We can agree to disagree because you obviously dont understand my points...

Edited by SoCalSS (see edit history)

LT is one of the few poeple in the NFL that doesnt do some moronic dance or showboat his talent like the Terrel Owens, Charles Johnson, and other egotistical players in the NFL. LT keeps his mouth shut and lets his play on the field do the talking.

He has every right to sit there and get irritated that a couple of Patriots would celebrate in moronic fashion on their 50 yard line. Whether Merriman talked smack before the game doesnt have anything to do with it. Hes has a big mouth and 9 out of 10 times he backs it up on game day. Matt Light owned him throughout the game, doing a great job. Merriman isnt the first or last guy to call the Patriots out, or any other team in the league.

I personally would have thought more of the patriots and bill belicheck then let Ellis Hobbs and some other no names do what they did. Sure LT didnt have the right to call out the entire orginization or belicheck himself. But in a way I understand, because the Patriots are a class act with Brady and Bruchii(sp?).

All LT is saying is he expected more out of the orginization and their coach. LT felt disrespected, because im sure he wouldnt be supporting any guy on his team who mocks a team on their home turf.

The whole issue of Merriman celebrating after each sack is what he does. Guys have been doing it since the Reggie White and Bruce Smith days on the late 80's early 90's. Hes not the first and wont be the last. Im not a fan of the showboating, but its completely different to show boat one play in a game compared to showboating after the other team lost on their 50 yardline

I dont favor the Chargers over the Patriots. Hell my teams are the 49ers and the Bills. I just wanted to see LT get to the SuperBowl and win one, because of the fact hes one of the leagues premeire players, and a guy who donates alot of money and time to underprivelleged youth

You can keep your opinion and I will keep mine. We can agree to disagree because you obviously dont understand my points...

well put.

the only correction i got is before Smith and White, LT was doing it with the NYG. not so much a dance, but he would get up and fire two six shooters at the downed QB.

It probably wont happen, but I'd like to see the Saints win the Superbowl.

The Saints will win it because of Hurricane Katrina, its just how it goes. This year they are the American team. Anyone else notice when they played the eagles everytime katrina was mentioned, the eagles got a penalty on something that would change the game each time. Although we couldnt stop the run to well, every major play was overturned for something stupid which should never of been called. Oh well :banghead:

I would like to see colts take it this year I guess. Dont really care for any of the teams playing :dunno:

well put.

the only correction i got is before Smith and White, LT was doing it with the NYG. not so much a dance, but he would get up and fire two six shooters at the downed QB.

Wrong taunting is taunting, high school, college, pros doesn't matter.You are sitting here trying to tell me it's all right for steroid boy to taunt during a game but it's wrong for a team that's listened to nothing but their bs all week to celebrate when they actually accomplish something like winning the game, while Mr human growth hormones does it on a non factor play in which he did nothing?Whatever Lt can go cry a river for all i care, if they want to talk their @#@$ all week they should be able to take it in return when they fall period end of story!

Maybe if roid rage didn't say he was going to punch Brady in the face the day before the game at a pep rally which by the way is what college teams do not pro teams, and last year saying F#$K the patriots and their fans while walking off the field to reporters and fans " very classy by the way :lol: "in the seats after winning a non factor game during last season, or have a parade already planned before one snap of their first playoff game.Maybe if they didn't make themselves out to be pathetic losers who love to talk but cant take it in return, the patriots players would of did what they did the game before and show the same respect the jets players bring to them.This was not unprovoked the charger players brought this on themselves for being a bunch of big mouths.