Got a new plasma, and ps3 Hooked up!

H8R

Toshiba 50HP66 50-inch 16:9 TheaterWide Plasma HDTV.

Plasma

Picked it up @ BESTBUY. AWESOME PRICE OF 1700 BUCKS. But received a 250 Bestbuy card on the spot.

Also got a ps3 60 GB with 2 controllers

Madden 07

Tiger Woods 07

Fight Night 07

6 Ft Monster HDMI cable

Millenium Digital HD here I COME.

Sure beats the Shit out of my 32" Sony Vega...lol

Its not the TOP of the LINE plasma but i figured it was a good compromise, I could have gotten an Nicer Plasma with the money I spent on the ps3 ...but I love my MADDEN, and Love the fact that IF BLUE RAY catches on I have a player!

I was going to sell the PS3 but after playing a friends, I was HOOKED!

Now onto the Surrond Sound!

Prob going to go with either Onkyo or a Dennon

Plasma

Picked it up @ BESTBUY. AWESOME PRICE OF 1700 BUCKS. But received a 250 Bestbuy card on the spot.

Madden 07

Tiger Woods 07

Fight Night 07

6 Ft Monster HDMI cable

Its not the TOP of the LINE plasma but i figured it was a good compromise, I could have gotten an Nicer Plasma with the money I spent on the ps3 ...but I love my MADDEN, and Love the fact that IF BLUE RAY catches on I have a player!

Good deal. I'm still looking for the tv I'm going to add to the PS3. Let us know how the plasma does with the PS3. I was a little worried about burn in and the fact we have a coulpe huge windows in our living room and I hate glare. I'm looking into a LCD or DLP rear-projection tv. Let me know if you need a good wall mount. I'm signed up with a couple drop shippers and can probably get you a good deal on any mount you might want. Just let me know and post some pics :thumbs:

Plasma

Madden 07

Tiger Woods 07

Fight Night 07

6 Ft Monster HDMI cable

Good deal. I'm still looking for the tv I'm going to add to the PS3. Let us know how the plasma does with the PS3. I was a little worried about burn in and the fact we have a coulpe huge windows in our living room and I hate glare. I'm looking into a LCD or DLP rear-projection tv. Let me know if you need a good wall mount. I'm signed up with a couple drop shippers and can probably get you a good deal on any mount you might want. Just let me know and post some pics :thumbs:

Sweet, i'm still in need of a wall mount for my Phillips. I didn't spring for it when I bought the TV in November. What kind of pricing do you have on them?

It's a Phillips, Ambilight Plasma set. LMK, thanks.

I just got the Hitachi 57 inch CRT rear projection TV for 960 bucks. its awesome.. IMHO, it looks better than lcd, dlp, or plasma.. and it wont burn out\blow lamps in a couple years.

I have a 60" Sony LCD and a 52" Mitsubishi DLP...And by far the DLP has the better picture...Unfortunately after 2 years the lamp had to be replaced, which can become expensive after a while

Well, I live in a condo, and I really dont have alot of room for the Bigscreen. Burn in is a problem.... from Playing Madden I have a slight bit where the screen stays the same when you play.

You can only see it VERY SLIGHTLY when its in between sources ie nothing being displayed on the screen.

HDMI is a must for the ps3 and i got that for sure.

The wall mount is coming... Just wanted to make sure it wasnt a problem with the owner ( I rent ) before i drilled holes!.

I am kind of worried about the burn in thing....

Anyone else have this issue? Also not to mention, I only have regualr cable not Digital so the picutre looks like ass right now... I was assured by BESTBUY that it will look infinitly better when I have HD and Digital cable.

I kind of summed it up as to having a Turbo Big Block Running on cheap 87 octane..

I dont know how to post pictures.. Could I send them to someone and host for me?

You can send them to me. [email protected]

Also, for the cable/picture quality thing. I have digital and HD cable. The picture still isn't that great even on digital, but turn to a HD station or pop a DVD in and watch what it does. It's freaking unbelievable!!!

:crazy::crazy:

How big of a screen do you want? If you have any windows in the room I would stay away from plasma because it acts like a mirror. I just bought the Sony 40"XBR2 LCD and the picture is incredible even when the sun is coming in though the windows.

bout 3 months ago i bought a samsung 56" DLP. for like 2300? maybe 2600 cant remember. but the picture is kick ass. i like the look of the tv too its like glossy black. looks good even when its off! :thumbs:

PS- PS3---has the pricing gone down at all on them?

I have Two sliding glass doors to the right about 15 ft , Yesterday was SUNNY, and no problems... But it is january. I ll let you know more come june..lol...

This isn't my last TV, just wanted to get started with an OK one..

I wanted a LCD but couldnt fint one of that size in my price range.

Next is a Pioneer Elite! yea .. buddy ... 6500 bucks...damn .lmao

bout 3 months ago i bought a samsung 56" DLP. for like 2300? maybe 2600 cant remember. but the picture is kick ass. i like the look of the tv too its like glossy black. looks good even when its off!  :thumbs:

PS-  PS3---has the pricing gone down at all on them?

PS3 pricing hasn't come down and won't for a couple years. There are more available though. what model is that samsung? I've seen that size on circuit city for $2,199 and one of my drop shippers has it for $1,549. That's one reason I'm still considering the samsung 56" DLP. Does the picture look good with normal cable tv stations? The DLP's I looked at(1080p) just didn't look as good as the 720p LCD's, that's why I'm leaning toward the LCD's.

Yeah, I got a PS3 with a new 58" panasonic plasma. Absolutely make sure to hook up the HDMI. It makes a world of difference. :cool:

As far as the burn-in goes, it's not really a problem with (newer/good quality) plasmas as they all typically have what they call pixel switching... aka pixel orbiting. My old 42" plasma that I bought about 3 years ago also had pixel orbiting and I had no issues with burn in and I always played PS2 on it.

You know, when you mentioned the games you got I had to laugh because I almost bought the same 3. I got Tiger, Fight night and Resistance. Resistance is badass! :D