Got a new plasma, and ps3 Hooked up!

H8R

bout 3 months ago i bought a samsung 56" DLP. for like 2300? maybe 2600 cant remember. but the picture is kick ass. i like the look of the tv too its like glossy black. looks good even when its off!  :thumbs:

PS-  PS3---has the pricing gone down at all on them?

PS3 pricing hasn't come down and won't for a couple years. There are more available though. what model is that samsung? I've seen that size on circuit city for $2,199 and one of my drop shippers has it for $1,549. That's one reason I'm still considering the samsung 56" DLP. Does the picture look good with normal cable tv stations? The DLP's I looked at(1080p) just didn't look as good as the 720p LCD's, that's why I'm leaning toward the LCD's.

How's about some info on the wall mounts? :D

As far as screen burn-in I can vouch for the fact that it does not happen on good plasmas. I have left the same screen on (by accident) for a whole afternoon and nothing... This happened on a couple occasions. For the longevity of plasmas not being good, that is really an urban myth. They will last just as long as an LCD and maybe even longer. My 42" still works just as good as it did when I first bought it.

From Consumer Reports:

"With more consumers buying flat-panel TVs, there’s a growing amount of data on reliability, and the news is good: During the first year or two of use, LCD and plasma TVs have been just as reliable overall as picture-tube TVs, which have historically required very few repairs. Some consumers are opting for LCDs over plasmas for fear that plasma TVs have a shorter life span, but such concern is unwarranted, says Rosemary Abowd of Pacific Media Associates."

Regardless, both LCD and Plasma are very good.

I always liked the way plasmas seem more vibrant and the blacks are more black. Also, fast moving pictures seem more fluid and the viewing angle is awesome. When I first got my 42" Plasma, there were relatively few LCD's that they even made that were that big so I went with Plasma and have been Plasma biased ever since.

Where's Dylan when these kind of topics come up. :D

I stayed away from plasmas, and got a 55" LCD.

Wanted to have something I wasn't going to be replacing in 3 or 4 years ...

The plasma I bought has a screen life rating of 60,000 hours. That's 6 hours a day for 27 years.

I think they are getting better, but the stigma from earlier plasma TV's having trouble is still around.

I really like my plasma. I have not had any trouble with screen burn. (Knock on wood.)

Mike

bout 3 months ago i bought a samsung 56" DLP. for like 2300? maybe 2600 cant remember. but the picture is kick ass. i like the look of the tv too its like glossy black. looks good even when its off!  :thumbs:

PS3 pricing hasn't come down and won't for a couple years. There are more available though. what model is that samsung? I've seen that size on circuit city for $2,199 and one of my drop shippers has it for $1,549. That's one reason I'm still considering the samsung 56" DLP. Does the picture look good with normal cable tv stations? The DLP's I looked at(1080p) just didn't look as good as the 720p LCD's, that's why I'm leaning toward the LCD's.

How's about some info on the wall mounts? :D

Sorry for the delay. I haven't been in this topic for awhile. What type of mount are you looking for? What size of TV?

Thanks, Jeremy

thats where i got mine was circuit city. i cant remember the actual price cuz i got the 500$ extended warranty blah blah on it. but i know out the door i spent around $27-2800........

as for regular cable are you talking about regular digital cable or just straight from the wall to the tv.....digi cable will look pretty good.......straight from the wall will look like donkey dick. but the HD channels....are Kick ass! :thumbs:

I had just straight from the wall shitty cable!!!!! Picking up the box today I am excited...

Little tip for everyone with BURN IN SCARES.... Much like myself!!!

Al that is needed it to be turned to a STATIC screen... Ie.... a channel that dosent work... For a few and the BURN in goes away...

Or my TV has a PIXEL whipping thjing that will clear it out in about 15 mins...... So its kind of like a maintenance thing.