Heat Seats problem

mikes04ss

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a seat memory module under the driver's seat. I believe this controls the seat heater. #15101509. Then there's another module/sensor that sends current to the passenger heater. #88938614.

I knew about this module. I didn't know that it activated the seat heaters.

This under-seat module also controls all of the seat position motors, and driver profile seat memory positions. It also manages input signals from the switches on the side of the seat.

According to my warranty ticket module #15101509 got replaced; in addition to seat heater problems it also fixed a seat position memory issue.

Mr. P. :)

Interesting ... *scratches chin*

I am hoping that all they did to fix was not just reprogram it, and charge you for a whole new module ...

I found this on their site ...

Calibration History for: Driver Seat Module

Part Number 15823309

CVN 0000F7E3

Bulletin #

Description - New software to address intermittent issue where a key-cycle is required before seat heat will activate. Also addresses premature heat shutoff in certain diesel applications.

Part Number 15283597

CVN 000081CC

Bulletin #

Description - New software to address memory creep, seat reversal, and added recall qualification issues.

Part Number 15226276

CVN N/A

Bulletin #

Description - Reduce heat cal. settings for High and Medium.

Part Number 15101514

CVN N/A

Bulletin #

Description - New calibration prevents setting of false trouble codes

Part Number 15176815

CVN N/A

Bulletin #

Description - Driver Seat Module

*ponders*

There's a seat memory module under the driver's seat. I believe this controls the seat heater. #15101509. Then there's another module/sensor that sends current to the passenger heater. #88938614.

I knew about this module. I didn't know that it activated the seat heaters.

This under-seat module also controls all of the seat position motors, and driver profile seat memory positions. It also manages input signals from the switches on the side of the seat.

I'm pretty sure the memory module controls heated seat functions. As far as I can tell, memory and heated seats go hand in hand.

I am hoping that all they did to fix was not just reprogram it, and charge you for a whole new module ...
I know that they did, I had to wait 3 days for it to come from Arlington. But the software issues with seat position recall is a long-standing problem, they've been trying to get that right for years now. Even when functioning corretly the seats 'creep' and on early trucks have been known to go psyco and move all the way forwards & upwards.

Mr. P.

A couple of weeks ago, my heated seats were cycling on and off randomly. I didn't even turn it on when I got in the truck. I just noticed all of a sudden, my ass and back started getting warm. When I looked over at the buttons on the door, they were cycling through all of the settings repetitively. After several restarts that day, the problem continued. The next day, the problem went away?!? :dunno:

A couple of weeks ago, my heated seats were cycling on and off randomly. I didn't even turn it on when I got in the truck. I just noticed all of a sudden, my ass and back started getting warm. When I looked over at the buttons on the door, they were cycling through all of the settings repetitively. After several restarts that day, the problem continued. The next day, the problem went away?!? :dunno:

That would be a seat heater poltergeist.

Sounds more like a sticky button ... of maybe you got some liquid in behind the door switches and they were shorting until they dried out ...

So this module controls both driver and passenger seats? Because it's happening to both.
I had the same problem in both seats and replacing the #15101509 module fixed everything.

Mr. P.

did anyone experience a kind of smell when the seat was acting up ? would that just be the module or the element or both ?

My '03 had a similar problem 3 weeks ago. Heated seats would not come on, push the button, would light for a few seconds then shut off. Then the horn quit working. Then the seats would self adjust. Turns out it was the drivers side under seat wiring harness. 2 days in the shop and it works fine now....Jason