nixsupersport

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cant get into Gasoline Alley?...and i jus updated my subscription last month

Make sure youre actually signed into the site. When they re-did the site everyone was logged out. Log back in and click the remeber me, and you should be good to go to enjoy the fun that is Gasoline Alley

Try going to LAN connection properties then, TCP/IP properties then, click advanced, click Wins tab and make sure "Enable LMHOSTS lookup" is checked

I go to my browser settings then the connection tab to get to LAN settings but it does not mention TCP/IP properties any where. Tell me exactly how to find the LAN connection properties to ensure I am in the right place.Thanks.

Never mind I found it and it was checked so dunno why it is not working for me.

no no no.. dont turn on LMHosts.. turn OFF LMHosts. tons of viruses write to the lmhosts file and if you get infected, you wont know whats going on. I work as an IT Net Admin (for the past 10 years), and Ive seen that time and time again.

Windows by default and design always looks at the hosts file, which is totally seperate from the LMHosts file.

edit the hosts file as that article says, then close your browser and re open it. In IE, click tools\internet options (in IE6) click to clear contents. IE7 has a different button to click under the same area, but you have to click a delete button to get to the final screen.

LMHosts is WINS netbios traffic, which actually will slow your browsing down a bit.

no no no.. dont turn on LMHosts.. turn OFF LMHosts. tons of viruses write to the lmhosts file and if you get infected, you wont know whats going on. I work as an IT Net Admin (for the past 10 years), and Ive seen that time and time again.

Windows by default and design always looks at the hosts file, which is totally seperate from the LMHosts file.

edit the hosts file as that article says, then close your browser and re open it. In IE, click tools\internet options (in IE6) click to clear contents. IE7 has a different button to click under the same area, but you have to click a delete button to get to the final screen.

LMHosts is WINS netbios traffic, which actually will slow your browsing down a bit.

But turning it on got it working for me?

Edited by Luaderdale SS (see edit history)

I turned it off and it still didn't work :banghead: anybody else have some ideas.

how do you clear your cache??

There are a couple ways that you can clear your cache... you can do it through IE, but I don't suggest it since it doesn't actually remove all the files. My suggestion is to close all your IE browsers and then browse to the following folder with windows explorer (hold the "Windows Key + E" as a shortcut):

C:\Documents and Settings\<your user>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

Remove all the files in this folder by pressing "Ctrl + A" then "Shift + Delete" (this skips the recycle bin).

On another note I do suggest making a couple changes to your setting in IE to help from having to do this in the future.

1. Go to Tools > Internet Options

2. Under the "General" Tab click the "Settings" button in the "Temporary Internet files" section

post-8266-1169219000_thumb.jpg

3. Select the raidial button for "Every visit to the page" and click OK

post-8266-1169218816_thumb.jpg

4. Go to the "Advanced" tab, scroll down and check the "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed" option and click OK.

Let me know if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

I turned it off and it still didn't work :banghead: anybody else have some ideas.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, editing the host file works great :cool:

Link to edit Host file

I think what you did was edit the LMHOST file and not the host file.

I went to Host file opened it with notepad did what that article said, cleared my cache, changed my IE settings as suggested earlier, Went and unchecked enable LMHOST file and enabled it tried both ways and still nothing worked.

I think what you did was edit the LMHOST file and not the host file.

Naw, it was the host file. I have done this before to keep real player from "phoning home".

brobradh77:

not sure why it isn't working for you, but have you restarted your machine since you made the entry in the host file?

• Admin

Hey guys.. not trying to be a dick, but if your not a supporting member you really have nothing to complain about. A site with this much traffic takes time and money to maintain. Google ads are the most the must unobtrusive, helpful ads that are out there. These new ads in the post provide you with much more relevant ads, and will replace the ones on the left of the site soon. Thanks for your understanding and thanks for visiting the site!

Hey guys.. not trying to be a dick, but if your not a supporting member you really have nothing to complain about. A site with this much traffic takes time and money to maintain. Google ads are the most the must unobtrusive, helpful ads that are out there. These new ads in the post provide you with much more relevant ads, and will replace the ones on the left of the site soon. Thanks for your understanding and thanks for visiting the site!

whats up with the supporting member thing? I just realized my subscription was up on that a little ago but cant re-do because i'm getting some error when trying to open up the link