E-Check Dyno rollers

Bowtie70SS

Ok here's the scoop. They did away with emissions testing here in my part of Ohio a couple of years ago. Long story short I got a call today about one of the dynos that they use to run the vehicles on for emissions testing and the asking price is darn near scrap value. I was wondering if anyone has knowledge of these dyno rollers and here's the thousand dollar question: Is this the same as a chassis dyno and would I be able to get the software to make it work or is this just a pie in the sky. My friend who called me about this is a master welder who owns his own fabrication/machine shop and he is confident we could build a way to make it portable and we could use it if the mechanics of it can be figured out. Once he gets it I'll post up a brand and a pic because what I am really hoping is that the only difference will be software and some type of pickup for the tach signal. Thanks

Dave

well i know a little something about this from my uncle. he had a emmisons machine at his towing company i belive up paid upward of 20000+ for this thing. he said he could have used it as a dyno if he got the software for the computer. thats all he needed he said and it woul have been a dyno. i also work next to a dyno shop(cdperformance) so i believ if its the same machine all you would need it software. if you want i can ask the guy that wns the dyno what software he bought.~~Kyle

most emissions dyno's are scrap metal and good for nothing else other than emissions. they don't have the braking capacity to go past 150 horse in most cases. give you an idea, a 2006 Ski Doo MACH Z could max the thing out. not worth more than what a junkyard will give you for the steel in my opinion.