Thinking about a new radio

I have a 2003 Silverado SS. I am starting to get bored with the factory Bose system. My dad got a new CD player for his 04 hemi dodge and I really like it. I believe it is a JVC. It's a CD/MP3 player, has interface for IPOD and has a USB port on the front. The USB port is awesome in my opinion. You can load a 2 gig flashdrive and play MP3's directly off it. Or you could buy a external USB hard drive and load it.

So I get to thinking about a few things........

XM radio.... On a radio with XM capabilities, can you use the factory wiring and antennae to hook it up?

The interfacing items at the top of the forum..

How well does the steering control interface work? Any complaints?

I don't have an ONSTAR subscription, never plan to, so would any of you buy the interface if you was in my shoes?

The chime interface, how does that work? Do you really need it?

Thanks!

Brian

I have a 2003 Silverado SS. I am starting to get bored with the factory Bose system. My dad got a new CD player for his 04 hemi dodge and I really like it. I believe it is a JVC. It's a CD/MP3 player, has interface for IPOD and has a USB port on the front. The USB port is awesome in my opinion. You can load a 2 gig flashdrive and play MP3's directly off it. Or you could buy a external USB hard drive and load it.

So I get to thinking about a few things........

XM radio.... On a radio with XM capabilities, can you use the factory wiring and antennae to hook it up? ANTENNA YES!! WIRING NO. WILL NEED A JVC TUNER BOX IN THIS CASE, BUT THE NEW TUNER BOX CAN GO INPLACE OF THE FACTORY BOX BEHIND THE GLOVEBOX.

The interfacing items at the top of the forum..

How well does the steering control interface work? Any complaints? THE STEERING WHEEL INTERFACE WORK OK. THEY ARENT AS "FAST" TO REACT TO YOUR COMMANDS AS THE FACTORY ONES, BUT THEY WORK WELL. $50

I don't have an ONSTAR subscription, never plan to, so would any of you buy the interface if you was in my shoes? IF YOU DONT WANT TO HAVE ONSTAR, THE PIECE IS 60$ IF YOU DO ITS 120.$

The chime interface, how does that work? Do you really need it? YOU DONT NEED THE CHIME MODULE. IT WILL NOT "DING" THRU THE SPEAKER ANY MORE. SAVE YOURSELF 25 BUCKS AND NOT GET IT. BUT IF YOU LOSE YOUR ONSTAR THE "DING" IS INCLUDED IN THE NON ONSTAR INTERFACE PIECE.

Thanks!

Brian

let me see if I can answer these.....^^^^ LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. ALSO YOU WILL NOTICE PRICES ON THESE. i HAVE THIS STUFF AND WILL SELL IT AT MY COST TO ALL SS MEMBERS! LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP YOU OUT OR IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS.

-c-