Windows XP in the SSS

This is most likely in the wrong section but can anyone give me some info on the Windows XP that you can get in your car? I thought that was a sweet thing and was wanting to get it for my truck. Does anyone have it? If so, please post some pictures so I could get an idea of what it looks like in our trucks. Also, IF there are any negatives to it, please speak up. Thanks

This is most likely in the wrong section but can anyone give me some info on the Windows XP that you can get in your car? I thought that was a sweet thing and was wanting to get it for my truck. Does anyone have it? If so, please post some pictures so I could get an idea of what it looks like in our trucks. Also, IF there are any negatives to it, please speak up. Thanks

Check this Thread

• 1 month later...
Got my laptop, GPS and cellular modem going in mine. Cant figure out how I want to mount it yet though.

Check out jottodesk.com. I have their mount in my truck. Works great! I permanently installed an APS transformer for power and a Delorme GPS to hook up to when my laptop is in my truck. I also have the cell modem for email and internet on the fly...

Link:

http://www.jottodesk.com/Comersus/store/co...5&status=-1

• 2 weeks later...

this is actuall kinda simple

theres a couple of ways to go about this...

the first more complex way is to open up a desktop PC and remove all of its components..

and find mounting places for each item within your truck.. figure out the wiring for PS and hook ups for the touch screen tv

second way get a labtop and mount it somewhere then hook up the touch screen tv

you can also keep you factory radio in place and get this center consloe thing like in the pic below...

(IMG:http://phasethreeservices.com/private/SS/incarpc/images/HPIM0435.jpg)

get the touch screen and add a car computer to it...

theres more ways but these are the most common that i do/come across

the sweet thing about having a computer in your car you can hook up the computer from your truck to the computer you put in and see whats going on with your engine etc...

you can get a verizon wireless card and go on the internet

of course get a dvd drive and watch dvds..

burn cds in the truck!!!

endless possibles with the computer

this is actuall kinda simple

theres a couple of ways to go about this...

the first more complex way is to open up a desktop PC and remove all of its components..

and find mounting places for each item within your truck.. figure out the wiring for PS and hook ups for the touch screen tv

second way get a labtop and mount it somewhere then hook up the touch screen tv

you can also keep you factory radio in place and get this center consloe thing like in the pic below...

(IMG:http://phasethreeservices.com/private/SS/incarpc/images/HPIM0435.jpg)

get the touch screen and add a car computer to it...

theres more ways but these are the most common that i do/come across

the sweet thing about having a computer in your car you can hook up the computer from your truck to the computer you put in and see whats going on with your engine etc...

you can get a verizon wireless card and go on the internet

of course get a dvd drive and watch dvds..

burn cds in the truck!!!

endless possibles with the computer

MS Office ... (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook for email, etc.)

Diagnostic Software

Tuning Software

SilveradoSS.com right from the truck ... say at the track ...

Main reason(s) I did were to have a mobile office, to run GM Scanner Software, run Tuning Software, Have a GPS program, and of course, have a place to store all my mp3's from my home PC so that I could easily play them through the factory radio ... :driving:

Nothing hard about it if all your looking for is a laptop in a mount. We use Ram Mounts no-drill mounts in our patrol cars. For internet connection we use a verizon aircard. They have broadband available now, but we haven't upgraded to it yet. We installed external antennas on the roof too but I have found we don't need them. I have been using mine without the external for months and have no connection issues.

post-1454-1174053842_thumb.jpg

Nothing hard about it if all your looking for is a laptop in a mount. We use Ram Mounts no-drill mounts in our patrol cars. For internet connection we use a verizon aircard. They have broadband available now, but we haven't upgraded to it yet. We installed external antennas on the roof too but I have found we don't need them. I have been using mine without the external for months and have no connection issues.

post-1454-1174053842_thumb.jpg

you guys use labtops for your patrol cars?..

cool..

the computers we use are mounted in the trunk

then a 10inch screen with keyboard up front with tthe screen mounted right in front of the factory stereo

thats what i was reffering to.. the verizon aircard thing..

works great be on the web doing whatever you want...

need direcrtions and dont have GPS.. MAPQUEST.COM

dont feel like messing around with your cds... just play music off the computer(hard drive)

lol fax from the car

print pictures LOL

i would take the computer setup over a aftermarket stereo anyday..

i mean if you got a indash 7 inch tv cool but your kinda limit on what you can add..

unless you add a computer to it

but then you'll be adding to the cost