No spanking law...WTF

SSThunder

Stupid person in CA wants to ban spanking. I'm tired of the goverment telling me how to live my life. Now they want to make it against the law. I would like to see them stop me from spanking my kid. What's your opinion? I know not everybody spanks but I'm 100% positive I will. I was "spanked" and I turned out fine. It's funny how more kids act out these days and people wonder why

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's CA for you, trying to legislate how you raise your kids, I would never support such an idea. But, I believe that if you are raising your kids right it's rarely necessary; I have only spanked my stepson once and have never had to discipline my daughter and they're behavior is fantastic. Then again, they're not teens yet! :ughdance:

Mr. P. :)

I just heard this .... I hear it is for infants - 3 years old ....
OHHHH that's different, I could support a law like that; there's no reason to physically discipline an infant.

Mr. P.

I agree 3 and younger there is no need to throw down a beating. But in Texas the kids are taught to call the police over corporate punishment. I already know what I would tell my son if I had one and he threatened to call the cops over a spanking. I would tell him go ahead because your mine till they get here :smash:

Well, I think it's crap that the government is trying to regulate this no matter what the age. Granted, spanking is different than beating, any idiot should know the line.

My daughter started recieving spankings the minute she knew the difference between right and wrong and believe me they figure that out early on. There is nothing wrong with spanking a 3 year old as long as it's not overboard. They need to be reminded of who's in charge.

I totally agree that if your raising your kid right, you shouldn't have to spank them, but there are always exceptions of course. As for that law, those people have nothing better to do these days. Shit, I got smacked by my dad and everything is fine with me. Nothing wrong with a spanking as long as the child learns from it.

OHHHH that's different, I could support a law like that; there's no reason to physically discipline an infant.

Mr. P.

I agree 3 and younger there is no need to throw down a beating. But in Texas the kids are taught to call the police over corporate punishment. I already know what I would tell my son if I had one and he threatened to call the cops over a spanking. I would tell him go ahead because your mine till they get here :smash:

My younger brother threatened to call the cops on my Mom and Dad for eeing disciplined. My dad picked up the phone and dialed it for him, turned around and said "here, you talk to them, cause when they get here they are going to take you away, so where do you want to go?" Well that put a stop to his attitude real fast, he didn't want to leave the comfort of his home and his parents.

I feel a "beating" is not right. I was spanked and I know (now) that I deserved it. As for the law only applying to children under 3. Hey, if you smack a kid's behind, they quickly realize they did something wrong. No, they won't like it and they shouldn't. BUT, Life isn't always fun or easy and that seems to be a lesson many younger generations don't understand. Of course this is my opinion...

Mr. P.

My younger brother threatened to call the cops on my Mom and Dad for eeing disciplined. My dad picked up the phone and dialed it for him, turned around and said "here, you talk to them, cause when they get here they are going to take you away, so where do you want to go?" Well that put a stop to his attitude real fast, he didn't want to leave the comfort of his home and his parents.

I feel a "beating" is not right. I was spanked and I know (now) that I deserved it. As for the law only applying to children under 3. Hey, if you smack a kid's behind, they quickly realize they did something wrong. No, they won't like it and they shouldn't. BUT, Life isn't always fun or easy and that seems to be a lesson many younger generations don't understand. Of course this is my opinion...

I should have choosen a better word than "Beating" just we always kid with each other and instead of saying spanking beating seemed more laughable than spanking sorry if anyone misunderstood what I was getting at.

I believe that the threat of being spanked will stop children for misbehaving. I know my parents said they would spank me if i deserved it and I was never hit as a child. The only time my dad ever hit me was once I became a teenager and thought I was tougher than my dad, we went a few rounds and had a beer together, great bonding experience.

Mr. P.

I should have choosen a better word than "Beating" just we always kid with each other and instead of saying spanking beating seemed more laughable than spanking sorry if anyone misunderstood what I was getting at.

I wasn't taking your term "beating" literally, just agreeing that a "beating" wouldn't be right. Even though I can remember a few beatings I received...

I believe that the threat of being spanked will stop children for misbehaving. I know my parents said they would spank me if i deserved it and I was never hit as a child. The only time my dad ever hit me was once I became a teenager and thought I was tougher than my dad, we went a few rounds and had a beer together, great bonding experience.

Glad you bonded cause I went toe to toe with my Dad when I was 15ish and he really wooped my a$$... there was no bonding involved, all I said was "come on old man." It hurt!