Anti-Sway Bars

Plwtwo

We don't have a rear one, so any anti-sway bar you're going to notice a pretty good difference in the back. As far as the front one goes, most, if not all, are either bigger or heavier.

I had Hotchkis front and rear anti-sway bars on my last truck, '99 GMC, and there was a huge difference. Just the front by itself was a big difference. Both front and rear were unbelievable.

If you plan on doing, go for both. The front bar is weak and you will not notice just how much until you replace. JMO

I have added the Hellwig rear bar and it makes a big difference on the freeway cloverleaf type of cornering. Keeps the rear end down real good with no noticeable side effects. However, I am not sure I would give it a recommendation. The metal brackets started spreading before they reached the torque specified in the instructions. Also it is real tight where the link goes by the exhaust pipe. Probably going to hit once and a while. 56chevywagon noted these same problems with his install.

I've got the Hotchkis bars but haven't installed them yet. I am kind of concerned about the ride quality, when I put larger bars on my '86 Corvette it did make the ride firmer when one wheel hits a bump or dip, and when I go around corners in my neighborhood where there are concrete valley gutters for drainage even taking these slight dips while turning really upsets the car because of the angle the suspension is at while crossing them. Before the larger bars were added to the Corvette I could keep my coffee mug in the cupholder while crossing through these dips. With the larger bars it will fling the coffee mug and coffee out of the cupholder!

I will get around to installing them in the next several days and report my findings.

I've got the Hotchkis bars but haven't installed them yet. I am kind of concerned about the ride quality, when I put larger bars on my '86 Corvette it did make the ride firmer when one wheel hits a bump or dip, and when I go around corners in my neighborhood where there are concrete valley gutters for drainage even taking these slight dips while turning really upsets the car because of the angle the suspension is at while crossing them. Before the larger bars were added to the Corvette I could keep my coffee mug in the cupholder while crossing through these dips. With the larger bars it will fling the coffee mug and coffee out of the cupholder!

I will get around to installing them in the next several days and report my findings.

What part # are they. They don't have one listed for 4WD w/ 4" lowering. With the SS already lower than stock, then 2" drop shackels on top of that, this is probably what I would need. Just haven't got around to calling them yet.

I ordered my Hotchkis Bars yesterday, One of their "techs" owns a SS! :cheers:

He said they would have to make the rear mounts, since it was lowered. He didn't give me the part numbers yet, they said they would call me back when they ship, I'll get them then, and post them. :thumbs:

I ordered my Hotchkis Bars yesterday,  One of their "techs" owns a SS! :cheers:

He said they would have to make the rear mounts, since it was lowered.  He didn't give me the part numbers yet, they said they would call me back when they ship, I'll get them then, and post them. :thumbs:

Yes, they also told me the "dog bones" were different - meaning the end links which attach the bar to the frame. They vary depending upon the ride height of the vehicle.

I ordered my Hotchkis Bars yesterday, One of their "techs" owns a SS! :cheers:

He said they would have to make the rear mounts, since it was lowered. He didn't give me the part numbers yet, they said they would call me back when they ship, I'll get them then, and post them. :thumbs:

Let me know the part #'s when available. Also, what is the bar dia. both front and back?

Archived