I have some carburator issues

tawss04

I wanted to go for the sleeper look on my Firebird. I drop the LS1 in it and going the carb route but the carb sits to high :banghead:

Looks F-ing sweet though

IMG_0767.jpg

I knew this was going to be an issue, so I had ordered a new hood when I ordered the carb

IMG_0757.jpg

4' cowl on it and its still going to be a tight fit :jester:

I was working in it this weekend and I set the carb on it and found another issue, the carb will not sit flat on the intake. It hits the MSD control box on the intake (mounts there from the factory)

IMG_0766.jpg

Well to sovle this dilima, I need to put a spacer plate, 1' will be to much so I am going with a 1/2' plate. I was planning on NOS later but since I need a 1/2' plate I just ordered a NOs plate (thier 1/2' :jester: ) I also went ahead and ordered the solenoids and mounting brackets, might as well right :P

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

What motor mounts did you use? I see it looks like you have the bmr ls1 k-member,I have the same one but haven't got any motor mounts yet.Just curious.

Yea it is the BMR LS1 crossmember, it has the brackets already welded on it for the stock LS1 mounts. You have to specify what engine you arerunning when you order it. I got mine from hawksthirdgenparts , great guy and very helpful. check out the video of his car :thumbs:

Heres the photobucket link with all the pics so far

Firebird

Yea I wanted the sleeper look but thats not going to happen, although my dad made a good point - how many cars do you see with a cowl hood the dont have anything under it. its not a Formula, Trans Am Firehawk or anything like that so people may not thik muchof the hood :jester:

Edited by tawss04 (see edit history)

What motor mounts did you use? I see it looks like you have the bmr ls1 k-member,I have the same one but haven't got any motor mounts yet.Just curious.

Yea it is the BMR LS1 crossmember, it has the brackets already welded on it for the stock LS1 mounts. You have to specify what engine you arerunning when you order it. I got mine from hawksthirdgenparts , great guy and very helpful. check out the video of his car :thumbs:

Firebird

Yea I wanted the sleeper look but thats not going to happen, although my dad made a good point - how many cars do you see with a cowl hood the dont have anything under it. its not a Formula, Trans Am Firehawk or anything like that so people may not thik muchof the hood :jester:

I wasn't very clear when I asked,I already have the ls1 k-member,I got it straight from bmr, I just didn't get the actual motor mounts for bolting the engine to the k-member. I did get my long tubes for the car from hawks though, they are great,they are the stainless works with y-pipe and no cats.

Firebird

I wasn't very clear when I asked,I already have the ls1 k-member,I got it straight from bmr, I just didn't get the actual motor mounts for bolting the engine to the k-member. I did get my long tubes for the car from hawks though, they are great,they are the stainless works with y-pipe and no cats.

The LS1 is the GM grate engine and had the Camaro mount on it already, the crossmember has the brackets welded to it for them.

IMG_0773.jpg

This should give you a better idea.

Edited by tawss04 (see edit history)

Firebird

The LS1 is the GM grate engine and had the Camaro mount on it already, the crossmember has the brackets welded to it for them.

IMG_0773.jpg

This should give you a better idea.

The K-member looks just like mine but when I got my ls1 it didn't have any motor mounts,I guess I'll just have to find some stock camaro mounts.Thanks

Especially if you leave it in primer, then it just looks like every other half hearted attempt to build an F-body. With the suspension mods and motor to back it up, I would put a half primered Firebird higher on the sleeper scale than a clean Firedird with a stock hood. :yellow_loser: Although I believe you do have to grow the required mullet and park on jackstands a certain amount of days a week... Don't you just love the redneck association dues!