drag tires

rivierakid55

the reason i went with 28 inch drag radials because i will shift into 4th at 128mph with the 4:10 gears so with anything smaller i woul dbe in 4th and that would hurt my times, but you beiong 3"73 i think you could get away with the 26's depending on your mods and how fast your trapping though. do a search there is a calculator to determine where you will shift with a certain tire and gear ratio.

I think I have the link to the calculator saved as a favorite on my computer at home. When I get home from work I'll post a link. Do you know what RPM's your at now when going through the lights? IMO, tire size will depend on your future goalsfor the truck.

I run 28" slicks but could probably run 26" as I'm only crossing through the lights at 5200 RPM's (this is with 4.10's)

• 2 weeks later...

i ran a 26" tire last year with 410s. i would cross the traps around 6100rpms.....which was still low for my setup

you cant beat a 26" tire for the track unless you need the top end. with your 373s i wouldnt even think of a 28"..

yes 15s will fit on the drums...i have 15x8 ralley wheels from a 80s pickup

I would recomend the 28's over the 26's. You want a tire closer to the size that you run every day, otherwise what you end up with is a time that you couldn't even come close to in your daily driven form. Basicly a bench racer. You end up with a truck that runs XX.XX, but only in track form. I've ran into many guys that have bragged about their times and yet the form that they drive the truck 95% of the time is up to a second slower.

I would recomend the 28's over the 26's. You want a tire closer to the size that you run every day, otherwise what you end up with is a time that you couldn't even come close to in your daily driven form. Basicly a bench racer. You end up with a truck that runs XX.XX, but only in track form. I've ran into many guys that have bragged about their times and yet the form that they drive the truck 95% of the time is up to a second slower.

well then lets just take out the slicks all together and race on 20s then...if i tried to run like i did last year on the 20s i would probably of been a full second slower...there is track ready and street ready....youll never run at 100% on the street...track is the full 100% so why not run full track trim???