ever wonder what a jeep can handle

thomp62301

that was bad ass!.. i had a couple of those jeeps before, i knew there 4.0L 6 was a tough motor, but i had no idea it could take that kind of abuse?. if it ran that good it makes me wonder why they were junking it? :wtf:

heres a pic of my old jeep.

post-8665-1170037420_thumb.jpg

that was bad ass!.. i had a couple of those jeeps before, i knew there 4.0L 6 was a tough motor, but i had no idea it could take that kind of abuse?. if it ran that good it makes me wonder why they were junking it? :wtf:

heres a pic of my old jeep.

:withstupid: my beater for a year while i waited to get the SS was a 96 jeep 4.0 2wd that thing hauled ass! within the last week i had it, it started leaking oil and it actually made it to my mechanics house (few miles away) without a drop in it. That engine is bulletproof!

the trans....well thats another story :)

that model of jeep has proven itself time and time agian. they are extremely versatile, as you can tell, with a stock suspension/drivetrain, and the modded ones really get around. the ground clearance and short wheel base really make the car. the 4.0L I6 is one of the best motors out there IMO, it is very tough, strong and the power is pretty impressive. Mopar transmissions are the weak link in almost all of their vehicles. I had a 95 dodge that i ran the piss out of, bush wackin and boon docking every weekend, going up gated and kelly humped roads. I took that truck so many places it shouldn't have gone. I could even climb walls with it. :lol: (put it in 4 low, turn the wheels all the way one way, bump the front tire against a coarse brick wall and give 'er some gas, it would crawl right up there. The motor was running stong after 146k when i sold it, the tranny slipped a little, but it still got around very well.... Pic>

post-7418-1170142820_thumb.jpg