Opinions on how much I should sell my truck for?

—Bauker™—

It would be borderline too high if it had half the miles. 25K is extremely high for an '06. It's not even AWD. I only paid $27,500.00 for my '03 when it was only 3 months old with only 3K miles and it was loaded AND AWD!!

Which is horrible resale. Call me crazy but the owners of these vehicles control the market. The cars have shitty resale because the people who have owned them sell them for nothing; mostly because they don’t know any better, they’re uneducated, or hard up for cash. This is typical of most GM owners. I could go on for hours about the system and statistics, but I won’t. Most places like Kelly blue book attain their info from auto auctions, whether it is repo auctions or whatever. Is that a system you would like to base the value of your car by?

Time is not a concern for me, so I figured Id price it competitively (accounting for mileage, but not the modifications) with those found on autotader and ebay. I buy and sell vehicles by at least two a year, and I personally never use kbb to tell me what a vehicle is worth. I don’t expect to sell it to anyone here either. And before anyone flames me about controlling the market, take the supra for instance. GM would have great resale if it wasn’t for the people who own them. Remember that when you go to sell your car.

Actually the BUYER controls the market with any used vehicle. It is only worth what someone is willing to give you for it, not what you THINK it is worth because you are the seller. It sucks, but it's reality. Get attached to your truck, you might have it for a while.

It would be borderline too high if it had half the miles. 25K is extremely high for an '06. It's not even AWD. I only paid $27,500.00 for my '03 when it was only 3 months old with only 3K miles and it was loaded AND AWD!!

Which is horrible resale. Call me crazy but the owners of these vehicles control the market. The cars have shitty resale because the people who have owned them sell them for nothing; mostly because they don’t know any better, they’re uneducated, or hard up for cash. This is typical of most GM owners. I could go on for hours about the system and statistics, but I won’t. Most places like Kelly blue book attain their info from auto auctions, whether it is repo auctions or whatever. Is that a system you would like to base the value of your car by?

Time is not a concern for me, so I figured Id price it competitively (accounting for mileage, but not the modifications) with those found on autotader and ebay. I buy and sell vehicles by at least two a year, and I personally never use kbb to tell me what a vehicle is worth. I don’t expect to sell it to anyone here either. And before anyone flames me about controlling the market, take the supra for instance. GM would have great resale if it wasn’t for the people who own them. Remember that when you go to sell your car.

Actually the BUYER controls the market with any used vehicle. It is only worth what someone is willing to give you for it, not what you THINK it is worth because you are the seller. It sucks, but it's reality. Get attached to your truck, you might have it for a while.

this is true. you could put it up for sale for 100K if you wanted and no one would ever buy it, but if someone were to offer you 100k for it, then it would be worth that (to the buyer anyways). i am very interested in the truck, the mods are perfectly done and exactly what i would do to it myself. hell, i even prefer a 2wd livin in texas. i would consider buying it, but the price is a little steep for me considering the miles. beautiful truck though, no doubt.

I own a 06 Intimidator and I bought it brand new for $31K and it only had 100 miles on it. 25K miles on it is way high and mine just went over 7K and I doubt very seriously I could get 29K or 28K for that matter. You can price it what you want it's your truck but I guess your hoping the saying holds true and thats a sucker is born every minute. :shakehead:

You have an awesome truck no doubt, modded tastefully and obviously well cared for...however, I agree with everyone else on the pricing. If you go by the average of 12k miles a year on a given vehicle, then the mileage is high...and being that low mileage is a key selling point on limited edition vehicles, then that's very high. Which is too bad, because the deal I had going on an 05 SS (23k for 5k miles) just fell through, so I have the cash and I've been looking for an 05-06 SS, and I'm in Tucson.

Edited by csxfbird (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...