Auto Headlight sensor delete

aelancaster

Im not sure, but I think the way the sensor operates is that it allows driver control of the lights only as long as light hits it-and when it's dark the sensor disables the DRL's.

I use my DRL's as fog lights during the day if I need to. All I have to do to get that, is while I am in the garage, to switch the running lights on, without disabling the automatic lamp feature. After I back out, the DRL's come on and stay until it gets dark or the ambient light sensor is triggered. This is how I can drive with running lights and DRL's at the same time. I'd like to run DRL's at night sometimes myself, along with the 4-light-on high beam conversion. But your TBSS is probably set up differently than my SSS.

I guess you could wire your DRL's in with your running lights with a separate switch to turn them off and on. Or (long shot) figure out how to bypass the sensor itself - you'd probably need a factory wiring diagram to get it right.

Edited by StealthSS (see edit history)

I think if you unplug the sensor, the main headlights would stay on all the time, and the DRL's would be disabled.

Once again, your TBSS is wired totally different than my SSS, so one of our TBSS guys or someone with any kind of TB is going to be of more help to you than me...

just punch that little dome in the front of your dash

thats what happen to me, i had the dealer pull my front window to replace the seal and I guess some one push down on the dome and it fell into the dash, so later down the line my driving lights stop working and my headlights was on all the time