pic's of my favorite project car

zippy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I figured I would show you guys my project vehile too. It's a 71 El Camino w/ a 13:1 468 BBC with a 175 shot of nitrous. My best run is a 10.66, I need to learn to setup the suspension because it spins pretty bad even with the 32-14-15 et drags. The car is completely street legal with a current tag and insurance, but it is not very streetable b/c of the 4.86:1 gear, manual steering and race fuel. The car looks a little better than in the pictures, I now have weld draglites on it.

467167_7_full.jpg

467167_8_full.jpg

I figured I would show you guys my project vehile too. It's a 71 El Camino w/ a 13:1 468 BBC with a 175 shot of nitrous. My best run is a 10.66, I need to learn to setup the suspension because it spins pretty bad even with the 32-14-15 et drags. The car is completely street legal with a current tag and insurance, but it is not very streetable b/c of the 4.86:1 gear, manual steering and race fuel. The car looks a little better than in the pictures, I now have weld draglites on it.

:thumbs:

-Matt

Zippy thats is one fine camaro. thats a nice camino too n2opower. amd i am a big fan of early 70s chevelles. all a big :thumbs:

here are some of my project 1974 Land Cruiser. its more like a money pit but for the ones who have tried to restore a car they know what i mean. Why do the little parts cost so much? :crazy: It takes alot of time and effort and patiance. will this be the last resto i do? probably not

Start

33027097.jpg

some engine work

32510371.jpg

rewire job with a painless harness which are very nice

32510381.jpg

32510407.jpg

testing out in the snow

39421849.jpg

kinda a cool ride. where's the rest of the engine??? :jester: looks like a 6.0 will fit.... i know what you mean about money, the camaro was at 55g's when he sold it.

for much less....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived