Horn Question

2003SilvSS

The other day I locked my SS from the remote and the horn sounded a little funny. I got in it the next day and when you press the horn on the steering wheel, it sounds fine. Now whenever I lock the doors with the remote, it sounds quieter. I ran into something similar to this on an older vehicle. It had two horns and one had quit. What is odd on the SS is that it sounds weak on the remote when you set the alarm/lock, but when you press the horn on the steering wheel, it sounds fine. Any suggestions?

Brian

I had this problem on my 04 silverado too try pressing in different places on your horn and try different amounts of pressure while doing it sound funny. I think its all in the touch ha. but the remote mking the sound might be that somthing is loose or somthin but than again I could be way off. :ughdance:

Chris-

:chevy:

Strange as it sounds, I have noticed this too in the past week or so.

Let me know if you figure out anything and I'll do the same. It's colder than heck here this week. Been in single digits at night and 20's durring the day. Roads were terrible last weekend, maybe it could have something to do with that.

Brian

Strange as it sounds, I have noticed this too in the past week or so.

Let me know if you figure out anything and I'll do the same. It's colder than heck here this week. Been in single digits at night and 20's durring the day. Roads were terrible last weekend, maybe it could have something to do with that.

Brian

i noticed even when i pushed the steering wheel and also when i use the remote... only the past 2 weeks... seems like maybe its just this pa weather. i figured i would blame it on the cold and it will go away sooner or later.... i guess we will have to wait for a warm day to see...

Edited by turnitsa (see edit history)