I just got a visionguard 8000 alarm system in my SS

I put a posting on alarm systems a few days ago , thanks for your help . I did some homework and I got a Visionguard 8000 with a built in camera. It as alot of features to it , but if someone sets the alarm off. The system with take a picture of the person and send it to my pager . Chuck out the site www.scytek.net

Thanks

:chevy:

Mark J Beal

I put a posting on alarm systems a few days ago , thanks for your help . I did some homework and I got a Visionguard 8000 with a built in camera. It as alot of features to it , but if someone sets the alarm off. The system with take a picture of the person and send it to my pager . Chuck out the site www.scytek.net

Thanks

:chevy:

Mark J Beal

thats a bad aSS machine, I put the same one in my brothers WS-6. he loves it!

[quote name='rsharpe13' date='Feb 1 2007, 03:54 AM' po

i always wondered if someone made one with a camera. I want one

It ran me $800 ,but it is a great system . 215 Customs installed it for me , and they are in philly .You could make for a silent alarm or you can make it go off with the horn and siren. I have to play around with the features :cheers:

I like the camera thats a good idea

where is the camera mounted? Is it hidden does it take a pic of the drivers seat? More info please this sounds like a great system?

Popper whats your comparison to the Viper system?

The camera is mounted where the Ezz pass would go and is it faces to the driver seat and the driver side window . So someone try to break in the camera as a clear shot . It will take 5 pictures of the person if he or she is there for a long time . It also as a flash for the night time. It will send it to your pager and you can veiw the picture and save to show the cops . I think is a feature on it , the picture can be sent to a e-mail .(not shore have that works yet). You also take a picture throw your pager if , you think someone is out by your truck without the alarm going off. It as a remote starting and shut down of your engine. It as a panic mode and passive arming to it.

where is the camera mounted? Is it hidden does it take a pic of the drivers seat? More info please this sounds like a great system?

Popper whats your comparison to the Viper system?

Both great systems. The camera thing is a great idea, I know at first the pictures were kinda blurry and grainy, but they have since put a better camera in them. I am used to installing Viper systems so the programming was kind of a pita on the Scytek. but once it was in and working properly, it kicks ass. I also had to interface with a manual trans on my brothers car and we did window roll up and down as well. so it was a long install.

hope this helps. its all about what YOU want in an alarm system.