Pontiac Solstice

montanass

I have one. It is a fully loaded 07 base, which I will probably be trading for a GXP soon.

I love it. I only drive it in the summer. It serves the exact purpose I bought it for. I wanted something fun to drive (check), a roadster convertible (check), and something completely different than anything else out there (check).

The Solstice has a high reving engine, so if you drive it high in the gears the car runs like a bat out of hell. And, it handles like it is on rails. Granted, it is no Vette or SS, but it is one fun car to drive.

To each his own though. :cool:

Edited by Lefty (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

BUMP -

Well the wife found a Pontiac Solstice that she can't live without. It's a used 2006 with 10.5K on it. Dark Emerald Green Metallic paint .... Not to bad. Asking $24,000. One of the car dealers is a relative of hers (somehow, somewhere), He said $22,000. out the door. Mind you, we still get 2 years and 24K on the Original Warranty.... So we shall see what kind of badgering I can do to him .... :D

She loves the thing ... I find it OK ... But then again, I want a CTS-V .... So, she is not intersted in the Power aspect of these "Toy" cars ... Just the lifestyle/fun they represent.

BTW two things will happen this weekend .... One, She will go buy it, Two, I will take her to Albany NY, to test drive a Saturn SKY ... (Doubt she'll go for the redline though ...) and then she will either buy a Sky or a Solstice.

Wish Me luck !!!!!! Have a beer for me!!!!! (I hate used car dealers ... yes, even relatives)

I hate em too. no offense to any car salesmen here, but I think they are always wanting to suck the blood off of you. My dad is a prety popular guy locally. And his so called "firends" welcome him through the doors of a dealership to "help" him out. he always thought he was getting a deal since he has helped these people out in the past. :sigh:

Anyways...yeah they would screw him...some would give him alright deals but nothing worth the effort or the help we have given them. Besides buying several cars there....

Anyways good luck

We were recently in the market for a new car too. Saw the solstice/sky, but just didn't have the practicallity we needed. It's the car my wife drives to work, but we still need room for junk. As we were walking out of the dealership, saw a Pontiac G6 2 door hardtop convertible. Seats 4, lots of trunk space (can get it in the GXP)

No more wind noise than any other coupe. The ride was still stiff (as with any convertible). Very nice car, well put together. We left with that on our minds heavily... then drove an Impala SS. We ordered one on the spot.

Looking like a used '06 Solstice, Black, Chrome package, two tone Leather interior, 6 disc, 2 years/27,000 miles left on the original Warranty (Bumper to Bumper) and the 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain one too (GM Certified) all for $22,500 ...

Mama is happy ... I Think this is the keeper. The dealer we usually go through, had this one trucked in for her, and we have had it since Friday for an "Extended Testdrive" ...

Not too bad of a car ... but being 6', 240# ... it is a little hard getting in and out of for me!!!

Once it is bought for real ... I'll post some pics ...

Looking like a used '06 Solstice, Black, Chrome package, two tone Leather interior, 6 disc, 2 years/27,000 miles left on the original Warranty (Bumper to Bumper) and the 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain one too (GM Certified) all for $22,500 ...

Mama is happy ... I Think this is the keeper. The dealer we usually go through, had this one trucked in for her, and we have had it since Friday for an "Extended Testdrive" ...

Not too bad of a car ... but being 6', 240# ... it is a little hard getting in and out of for me!!!

Once it is bought for real ... I'll post some pics ...

I am 6'1", 250...I have gotten used to "falling" into the car. :crackup:

Test drove a sky redline...I would get it if I couldn't swing a vette drop top brand new...but I would probably even just pick up a LS1 vette roadster over it, I'm a bigger guy though to and the vette has more room inside. The Solstice/Sky is smaller, yet heavier than a vette as well. I would opt for a mallet though just to be different than everyone else I guess, but even then its still not a LS2 vette and those are cheaper now in the used market. Mallet limited his production run to 100 cars I believe and he didnt even fill all of his orders in over a year yet....food for thought. Plus, who would want a LS2 in front the solstice's anemic 5 speed meant for a 4 cylinder :dunno:

Wow thats crazy those little things are heavier than a corvette. I dunno why but someting about that 427 in that car makes me like it. i didn't think it was possible when i heard about it. I bet one of those things would $hit and get. :cool: