Got my exhaust dumped

jballer323

Dumped mine and it sounds awesome!

Pic:

169759.jpg

mounting your mufflers like this will cut down on the drone quite a bit.. :smash:

you get a lot of sound waves comming from the top and bottom of the muffler and it bounces up aginst the bed, stacked like that the sound waves go out the side of the truck making it quieter. off setting the mufflers some about 1/3 from each outher helps even more, less sound waves trapped between the mufflers......

:seeya:

You are right. I have no resonance in the cab. Before I did this is was really bad. Outside it is a lot louder, and has a lot deeper sound to it. You can feel it inside the cab more than hear it. Of course, I've got about 3 rolls of dynomat in my cab also.

• 1 month later...
The other day I got the exhaust on my SS dumped. One of the sweetest things I've done. Its way cheaper than a new louder system. They sawed it off where it crosses with the rear axle. It sounds so sweet! If yall want your trucks louder w/o paying over $200, get it dumped!

I still don't understand what he did. It sounds like your exhaust shop just "sawed it off where it crosses with the rear axle". If this is truely what they did, why did it cost (apparently) just under $200? Hell I can sawzall my exhaust off for $0

• 2 months later...
yea louder and deeper

I've been thinking about dumping mine. I have a magnaflow dual 2 1/2 (in) x single 3" (out). The guy who installed it originally didn't have 3" pipe for the exhaust, and rigged it w/ 2 1/2 to my 3" Gibson tip. Would I get better performance (back pressure wise) if it was the true 2- 2 1/2 into single 3" like I wanted in the first place, or should I keep it the way it is. Right now it sounds good, but every once in a while, when I pull next to someone who's dumped, it sounds F'n tough. Any help greatly appreciated.