oversize wheels

kissfans03ss

Guys,i was wondering if anyone beside me knows of the new trend that is growing in the car scene and that is putting really big tires on cars,i'm talking 30in. or bigger and these cars look like they havea 4in lift kit installed just to clear the wheel/tire combo in my opinion it looks like crap. :puke:

Guys,i was wondering if anyone beside me knows of the new trend that is growing in the car scene and that is putting really big tires on cars,i'm talking 30in. or bigger and these cars look like they havea 4in lift kit installed just to clear the wheel/tire combo in my opinion it looks like crap. :puke:

:withstupid:

Probably just a fad. Everyone needs to be different. Even if that means doing your car up like everyone else. When I was real young (about 10-12) there was a group in my area at least that jacked up the front end of their cars. :confused: They'd get them up so high that they could barely see where they were going. For about a year or two it was what all the "cool" kids did.

I think the huge wheels are the same thing. Give it a couple years and you'll never see them again.

Anyone else remember this fad? Sometime around the mid 60's.

ghost riding the whip,is that the stupid fad where you jump out of your rolling car and switch places with the passenger,sounds like another stupid fad just like about 15 years ago when that movie the program came out and kids started laying down in the middle of the road and hoped no-one would run them over.

Probably just a fad. Everyone needs to be different. Even if that means doing your car up like everyone else. When I was real young (about 10-12) there was a group in my area at least that jacked up the front end of their cars. :confused: They'd get them up so high that they could barely see where they were going. For about a year or two it was what all the "cool" kids did.

I think the huge wheels are the same thing. Give it a couple years and you'll never see them again.

I think you're talking about a "Gasser". I"m pretty sure this was being done mostly on drag cars for launching improvements and not so much for looks.

Those were very cool cars......

I think you're talking about a "Gasser". I"m pretty sure this was being done mostly on drag cars for launching improvements and not so much for looks.

Those were very cool cars......

DeeHutch,if i emember about gassers they use a straight axle conversion in the front but the rear of the car is lifted to level out the car,i think BOB47 might have been comenting on cars with hydraulics(lowriders) and they probably were driving around with their ass end in the weeds and their noses lifted up high.