R.C. Cars, Planes, Heli's??

DeeHutch

I"m thinking of getting into the hobby of a gas powered R.C. vehicle. I haven't decided if it's going to be a car, plane or a helicopter.

Anyone here into this with any advice or pointers? All "in general" stuff I guess.

Thanks in advance.... :cool:

Well I guess it depends on how much RC experience you have and how much you are willing to spend. I've had RC toys since I was a kid, but only recently stepped up to the $$$ models.

Are you sold on a "gas" powered model? Anymore the electric models have as much power and performance and they are much cleaner to run. Then again, if you have the room to run one there is nothing quite like a 1/5 scale gas car or truck. I've only run my Baja (see photo) twice as this winter has been a Bi$%H.

post-6912-1170561864_thumb.jpg

RC helis are not the best choice for a beginning pilot. Especially a "Nitro" powered model. For a great beginner heli check out the Blade CX2. I bought one last month and I've had a blast with it. Its and indoor model, but it may be flown outdoors on a calm day.

I don't know much about RC planes, but they are easier to fly than an RC heli. Check out Ready-To-Fly Planes.

Hope this helps out.

You may also be interested in:

HPI Racing

Tower Hobbies

Hobby Lobby International

Edited by Luke (see edit history)

yea the savage is nice. i have a revo and a tmax. these are all rc trucks, that all go at least 40 mph outa the box. AWD, 2 speed gearbox with reverse.... these little things are serious lol. its definatly fun, but then again any of them are gunna rape your wallet (in increasing order: car, plane, heli)

yea the savage is nice. i have a revo and a tmax. these are all rc trucks, that all go at least 40 mph outa the box. AWD, 2 speed gearbox with reverse.... these little things are serious lol. its definatly fun, but then again any of them are gunna rape your wallet (in increasing order: car, plane, heli)

:withstupid:

I currently run a Revo (Traxxas) all tricked out. All four shocks are as stiff as can be, running an RB Concepts TM323 motor, etc. Thing is a ****ing ANIMAL! I beat the shit out of it every time I take it out, as I'm a 'Basher'. Pretty much all I do is jump it and beat the hell out of it, even at the BMX track! If you're going to go Car/Truck, go Traxxas! Love them!

heli's are tough to fly, i would snag up a plane first. after you learn how to fly that you should be able to slowly pick up on helicopters. i own, and have flown plane's heli's and also have an rc car. fun but i havn't touched them for probably 5 years. just no time anymore. Check out AMA. they are a great thing to be a part of and will help you get in touch with the people you need to so you can learn to fly with out crashing and spending a bunch of money. SEE http://www.modelaircraft.org/ Definately a must to be a part of. even if for nothing else than the insurance. The info and knoledge are great too. Good luck man.

Yeah ive got 2 SS's technically. I have and HPI Savage SS ha, its considered the big block of the rc world ha. And ive done planes for years, i can fly them right in my back yard. I love flying them to pass the time. ive even got a cub on floats. all gas powered i like it better.