New SLP on the way

ssaman

:driving: So I just ordered 2 SLP Loudmouth bullet mufflers. I got a shop thats going to weld them in and dump them for cheap. So I was wondering should I keep both of them in the stock position or have one on the driver's side and the other on the passenger side? would that make any sound diffrence? Thanks for the help!

Thats really cool. I loved their parts for the Wbody crowd. I'll never understand why SLP hasnt been more supportive of the truck market when GM sells more trucks and SUVs than anything else, including corvettes and Fbody's. When the Camaro/bird left, they focused on rustangs :sick: Seriously...its by chance the cams and heads they have fit our motors, but how about some good old SLP CAI, exhaust, compelte long tube header kits, etc? How about some SLP suspension? Its like they dont even care about a multibillion dollar market that is flooded with mostly fly by night shops trying to figure things out. They have the ability to make serious products for our trucks and they dont.

:driving: So I just ordered 2 SLP Loudmouth bullet mufflers. I got a shop thats going to weld them in and dump them for cheap. So I was wondering should I keep both of them in the stock position or have one on the driver's side and the other on the passenger side? would that make any sound diffrence? Thanks for the help!

NO, No ... Don't do left/right exit. IMHO, that looks SOOOO redneck. (No offense to the guys here that are set up that way)

Do dual @ the rear like mine.

pass_rear.jpg

lol yeah I dont like the side exits either but I was talking about dumping them. I was just trying to think if having one dumped on either side would have any sound diffrence than just having both dumped in the stock exaust area. And if you wana check out where I got um' at it was www.LMPerformance.com they are under the 98-02 camaro / firebird LS1. I just bought two of the switch out mufflers and gonna have um welded in. P.S. SLP souds awesome on Ls1 camaros so it should sound orgasmic on the SSS :D

NO, No ... Don't do left/right exit. IMHO, that looks SOOOO redneck. (No offense to the guys here that are set up that way)

pass_rear.jpg

Everybody has an opinion i dont like duals out the back on trucks at all. Thats why mine dont go there

UPS tracking says it should be here on Monday. So Hopefully I'll get them monday and still have time to take it to the shop and have um' put on. If thats the case then I will try and have a video up by Tuesday. :chevy:

good shit man, i've always wanted to hear SLP's on an SSS. my buddy has SLP mufflers on his firebird formula and all I got to say is damn. it sounds just like a racecar. i'll be looking forward to hearing it.

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

pass_rear.jpg

Funny how all replies to this post so far are RED SSS's ...

Just an observation ... :jester:

well here's a BLUE one...... :thumbs:

and YES there out the sides........ :thumbs:

and YES there is mud flaps........ :thumbs:

and YES i still have to mount my gun rack.... :P

post-2901-1171156752_thumb.jpg

:jester::jester:

had to run them out the side becouse i tow my travel trailer at times, and most states it can not go out the back

due to CO being trapped between the two vehicals. same with people who have caps or slide in campers. about 15 yrs ago there was a rash of kids/adults riding in the back of trucks here in SOCAL ending up dead so they passed the law...

:seeya:

I'm doing something similar to this on my v-max. I cut off the catback pre muffler, going to y it down and put in 1 SLP LM1 resonator I ordered and run it into the factory catback, with 2 SLP tips exiting stock location. I'll post up pics once I get it all in.

Getting the SLP on tomorrow:

HOUSTON,

TX, US 02/11/2007 7:17 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

So it's in Houston and should be at my front door tomorrow, as soon as I get out of class hopfully it will be here and I can just grab the box and run over to the shop, get them put on! I'l tryand get a video up tomorrow if I have the time, It might be a crappy cell phone video but I'll see what i can do! Later guys :chevy:

Well guys.... I did love the way my Loudmouth sounded on my Z UNTIL I went with a catless Y and longtubes. Then the sound was FAR to raspy, and TOO SLOPPY for my TASTE( at least @ normal speeds) WOT sounded Like a Friggin NASCAR, but there was an annoying crackle like sound at certain RPMs which happen to be around 1500-2000 Which is usually what I cruised @ with the 6 Speed. I would be curious t hear it, but I think you will get tired of it in a few months, unless it sounds that much diff. then a fbody exhaust. My old setup consisted of Kooks stainless long tubes 3inch custom oval y and Loud mouth. It def had no restrictions, but after awhile I just opted for a DTrue Dual set-up with edelbrock victor series mufflers! WAY BETTER and 0 hp or TQ loss over the SLP!.

Good luck though I hope it sounds awesome!