170 Degree Rear Door Hinges

Jim Coher

• 1 month later...

I was at the dealer this past weekend for the heck of it and looked at a couple of the new Silverado's. Looking at the rear doors they are quite different, it would take a good amount of work to have the hinges work on the "classic" style. I'm not saying that it couldn't be done, just not sure that it would be worth it.

I was at the dealer this past weekend for the heck of it and looked at a couple of the new Silverado's. Looking at the rear doors they are quite different, it would take a good amount of work to have the hinges work on the "classic" style. I'm not saying that it couldn't be done, just not sure that it would be worth it.

Man O' Man - if it was easy, I would be all over it!! With 2 kids in car seats, open doors would work great!!

MisterP and I were looking at that this weekend at the Dallas Auto Show. The whole set up is completely different. The 07 hinges go inside the pillar, and have a bar that link the two. So, I would not think it impossible, but might be more trouble than it's worth. Maybe someone will make a hinge for the older trucks to do that. Definitely cool.

MisterP and I were looking at that this weekend at the Dallas Auto Show. The whole set up is completely different. The 07 hinges go inside the pillar, and have a bar that link the two. So, I would not think it impossible, but might be more trouble than it's worth. Maybe someone will make a hinge for the older trucks to do that. Definitely cool.

I think there is so much future demand for a product like this I would be surprised if someone in the aftermarket didn't soon come out with a design for the older EC trucks.

Those rear hinges might be cool, but the rear doors on the new EC are *heavy*, you can really feel the weight of the power window regulators & reinforcement. I bet they add a good 100-lbs to the truck.

Mr. P.

Edited by misterp (see edit history)