just a little teaser :)

montanass

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to the new commercial "its faster from 40 to 70 than any other 1/2 ton truck on the market" which is apparently most important with other truck drivers. wow. :throwup:

:confused: what truck drivers are Toyota talking to??? They must be over in Okinawa or something........... :driving:

Based on the perspective of your pictures ... you must be like 2' 5" ... we will have to get you a ladder so we can see something besides the undercarriage :crackup:

good one :lol:

as you can tell from the pics, it was dark and wet, so i set my camera up on my tripod, but didn't feel like getting wet so i left her low :D

speaking of the undercarriage, look at the frame of the tundra, looks pretty weak to me. not nearly as hefty as a silverado. you'd think GM marketing would be all over that after all the talk about "ring gears and brake discs".

Um truck trend tested the tundra and its 0-60 was 6.0//and If I'm not mistaken the 1/4 was 14 flat. I'm not sure though. But they are mighty fast.

I'm gonna call :icon_bs: on that... The Escalade is almost the same weight, with 20 more hp and it runs low 15's-high 14's. I drove the Tundra a little bit tonight, it was pretty quick I'll give it that, but its no 14 flat truck.

Um truck trend tested the tundra and its 0-60 was 6.0//and If I'm not mistaken the 1/4 was 14 flat. I'm not sure though. But they are mighty fast.

I'm gonna call :icon_bs: on that... The Escalade is almost the same weight, with 20 more hp and it runs low 15's-high 14's. I drove the Tundra a little bit tonight, it was pretty quick I'll give it that, but its no 14 flat truck.

:withstupid: The Tundra won't do a flat 14 sec 1/4 mile. It took the SRT-10 500 HP to go under the 14 sec mark.

truck trend has the tundra doing the 1/4 in 14.6 @93.6 :nonod:

I even doubt that... I would believe a 15.0 or higher 14's. Mid 14's just seems a little far fetched.

They got it to do it, but they turned off traction control and launched in 4 high. That is what it said in the article. Certainly not a recommended way to do it, and it can't be good for the drivetrain.

Mike