Speedo stuck!?!

SS Option

Started out fine and was going up the hill, the speedo started climbing and I was doing 75 mph. Came to the stop light and was doing 28. Is it broken? Is there a cable to check or is it electronic, or is this a kind of thing to take to the dealer and get rape?

-CL

yeap it's broke, same thing happened to mine as well as a few others, bad news is you'll have to get a new instrument cluster...yes the whole thing will need to be replaced, if you have warranty the dealer won't rape you too bad, if you don't expect to cough up some change

Edited by Jond983 (see edit history)

Mine does it all the time. Im getting the aeroforce scan gauges. And ill just have the speed on that.

Mine stuck at 40 MPH. Hey does yours just start working again or do you do something to help it start working again? Mine quit while sitting in the driveway. Went out and started it today and it was stuck on 40MPH with 37,900 miles on it. It's a lease so if they want it fixed I guess they better do it for free.

Also did anyone notice if the ODO worked right while the speedo was off? They are fed by the same wire but are different circuits in the cluster.

Thanks Jeff

Edited by BigJeff (see edit history)

join the club...had mine replaced about 2 weeks ago under warrenty :cheers:

dealer charged $65.00 to gm for labor. only took them about 20 min. to do. they also did a crank relearn on it for no charge..... :D

:seeya:

Why did they do a crank relearn? :confused:

join the club...had mine replaced about 2 weeks ago under warrenty :cheers:

dealer charged $65.00 to gm for labor. only took them about 20 min. to do. they also did a crank relearn on it for no charge..... :D

Why did they do a crank relearn? :confused:

on mine the tack went out, showing 500 rpm low at idle, to 6000 rpm. when they did the test on it they did a relearn just to make sure nothing else was wrong i guess

Crank Relearn not sure how they do this.

Jeff

The Crank ReLearn procedure is required to rebuild/restore the crank position sensor reference table in a GM PCM/ECM/VCM after the module has been reprogrammed, when a CKP sensor was removed or replaced, or when the whole control module has been replaced. Usually when this happens, the module will set a P1336 DTC, "CKP System Variation Not Learned"

But ... I know our LQ9's don't need to run the procedure after a reprogram, because I didn't have to run the procedure after I reprogrammed my PCM ... :dunno: anyway ...

The actual procedure is really quite simple. All you need is a scan tool, and some real good oil pressure. (The Procedure runs until fuel cutoff ... 4000 RPM or higher, w/ no load!)

1. Apply Parking Brakes, Block Rear Wheels, and ensure the Hood is CLOSED
  2. Place the transmission in PARK for auto shift models, and Neutral for manual shift. Start engine and let warm until coolant temp. of 150F is reached.
  3. Apply and HOLD brakes, Connect scan tool, and initiate the CKP Learn Procedure.
  4. Gradually accelerate RPM's until fuel cutoff is reached. When the engine starts to decelerate, release the throttle.
  5. Procedure Complete. P1336 should no longer be stored in memory.

It sounds like they did the Crank ReLearn just as Good Practice, after replacing the IPC. Which, I think that's great that they took the extra step to recalibrate the crank sensor for you, when they didn't have to. :thumbs: