Air bag helper options??

Jeff B

Airlift SlamAIR kit... part #59103... works with trucks lowered up to 6". I have them on my CC Silverado dropped 2/4 on 22s, they work great! Summit Racing has the best price you will find, I think I paid about $170 shipped!

Thanks, Robbie. What size tires do you have with the 22's?

What's wrong with the McGaughy's kit? That's what I have and have ZERO complaints.

When I made the comment about the McGaughy's kit it was based on tire clearance and your pictures. I thought you had the stock tires and I wanted to go wider so I thought it would be limited by the air bags. Now I see that you have 305's on there and have no clearance issues so I have nothing against the McGaughy's kit.

But I am interested in exploring all options.

Airlift SlamAIR kit... part #59103... works with trucks lowered up to 6". I have them on my CC Silverado dropped 2/4 on 22s, they work great! Summit Racing has the best price you will find, I think I paid about $170 shipped!

Thanks, Robbie. What size tires do you have with the 22's?

The front wheels are 22x8.5 with 265/40/22 Falken STZ-04, rears are 22x10 with 285/40/22 Falken STZ-04... Off-topic, but these tires are awesome, extremely quiet and have a really nice tread pattern. I think I paid $800 shipped for all four.

The only thing about the SlamAir kit I would change is add the compressor and cab controls for the bags... kinda of a pain in the ass putting air in them everytime I wanna go tow. But it gives me like 4-5" of lift in the back if I put the full 100psi in them...

How much can you tow? I would need to be able to tow 5,000lbs. Maybe a bit less.

5,000lbs tounge weight? Eh, I dont think that'll do it. I think this will handle 1,500-1,800 pounds of tounge weight, I may be wrong, check their website for stats?

I tow a 19' Stratos 19SS Bass Boat with a 200HP Evinrude... I keep it at 55psi and it rides completely level and I NEVER bottom out or have a harsh ride...

I have also towed a fully packed 6x12 Enclosed trailer with it as well, packed with furniture and other odds and ends, no probs...