2005 VHO - Intermediate Steering Shaft

Chris Dubya

Just got word from my dealership that the rattle I've been hearing for about the last 3 weeks is the intermediate steering shaft. They had to order the part, and my GMPP 100K warranty is going to cover it minus a $100. deductible. The guy at the service desk indicated that they see it quite often. My truck has 54140 highway miles, and the only other thing the dealer has done to it is coat the underbody. I ran it for 50K with AirRaid CAI, magnaflow 2 into 1 - 3" and throttle body, avg. 16.4. Last 4K with all listed and PCMtune, up to 16.7 and A LOT more fun. Just wanting to know if anyone else has had this steering shaft issue. Thanks in advance.

PS: I was googling VHO yesterday to kill time, got directed to the Titan page......lots of 'Chevy Kills' talked about over there. Haven't been taken by one yet.

is coat the underbody. I ran it for 50K with AirRaid CAI, magnaflow 2 into 1 - 3" and throttle body, avg. 16.4. Last 4K with all listed and PCMtune, up to 16.7 and A LOT more fun. Just wanting to know if anyone else has had this steering shaft issue. Thanks in advance.

sounds like your dealer is a ok guy, the last time I took mine in for service(the sensor on the dash that turns on the lights fell into the dash)because I has a 3rd party put in a alarm in the dash it void the service I had to pay $150 to fix it, also he open my hood and saw my airaid cold air intake he told my this will void any work on your engine and i'm going to note this on your service record

I have a 05 with 3 year 36k service I have 5,123 miles on it

my dealer is a f***ing a** hole and the next dealer is 2 hours away

glad your problems are getting fix, good luck

"also he open my hood and saw my airaid cold air intake he told my this will void any work on your engine and i'm going to note this on your service record"

You might want to check out this link. Your dealer may be taking you for a ride.

http://www.autoanything.com/popups/moss_warranty.aspx

Edited by Chris Dubya (see edit history)

You might want to check out this link. Your dealer may be taking you for a ride.

http://www.autoanything.com/popups/moss_warranty.aspx

has a copy setting on my seat when I was there he looked at it and smiled, he said :chevy: has a notice out about oil type air filters can lose your warranty and some 3rd party service can void your warranty

I let it go but if it was something big I will fight for it

he also want around the truck and anything that was not oem he wrote down, he was a a**.

thanks for the info