Tow Hook Relocator Brackets Please!

SinisterSS

Ok you creative metal fabricator types, how about a new bracket kit to make our front tow hooks useable? Preferably with no drilling required. Powder-coated would be a plus too!

:)

With winter nearly upon us, would be nice to be able to actually use the hooks if necessary instead of just adding dead weight like they are now.

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

For the first time in my life I feel the generation gap.... I guess I'm getting old! If I passed a person needing a tow, I would help them for free. Because some day, I might need help! And would appreciate it if it didn't cost me anything. I don't think there are enough acts of kindness in the world.

Granted, I would be more likely to stop and help if it was a young big breasted female, (good looking of course), so now I guess I'm a dirty old man!

But, as my wife pointed out, just now!, I live in Oklahoma, and people are just more considerate here! :thumbs::seeya:

I would never ask for money for towing someone out of a ditch, but one time I pulled this guy out of the mud (he slid off the road and got stuck), well it took me thirty minutes and I was soaked and muddy, all the time he just sat there on the side of the road, when I was done, he was off in a flash and just said thanks. I am sorry, but if it were me that was stuck and I noticed that the guy that stopped to help took all that time and got all wet and muddy, I think I am looking into my wallet and offering something. Sometimes being the good samaritan is just not worth the effort. He would of paid lots more than twenty bucks if he would of called a wrecker (which was what I was driving, I was working for a small rental car company and on my way to pick up a couple of cars). I guess that sounds like I am greedy, but the guy did not even offer. I know I should not expect anything since I did not state upfront that it would cost, but along with just being nice and helping, what happened to offering something? I guess what was most disturbing was that he just took off as I sat there putting my wrecker back together and that I did all the work getting his car out of the mud. He did not even offer to help. My towing days are over, but if I see that someone needs help I would stop to offer, since as has been stated, I would hope that someone would stop to help me. But as also was stated, I am not too sure anyone would since I am not "young big breasted female".

i agree, while you are helping the person especially in the snow and freezing your ass off, all you hear about is how bad it is to drive and they did nothing (at the same time cars are driving over the same spot they just "suddenly started sliding" on). it's just purely being civil and nice to offer someone i feel if they spend a great deal of time in weather almost no one likes to be in to help you. i'm sure just about anyone that does this kind of thing has gotten the "cool man thanx" as the peson is just about to pull back on the road.

i was in aberdeen maryland last feburary when it snowed 30+ inches and i had my 00 ZR2 blazer with a locker and had brand new 32x11.50 Bfg all terrians. well i was about the only person was able to get any where. i seen some trucks on the side of the road and i stoped to offer help and they thought i was crazy. i guess no one up this way is nice enough to help. but i did take a family to a wedding and they gave me $40 to drive 5 miles up the road.

but back to the topic yeah the tow hooks are in a bad location. i would think that if you had fold down ones they wouldn't be strong enough. you could always move them back in the frame some or put a thick piece of metal between the hook and frame and get longer grade 8 bolts. but for now i would carry a towl to protect the bumber.

Archived