SS 5K Report

LSR Mike

I got him back from the dealer last night and am satisfied with the work. The Oil Change was way overdue, had it changed to Mobil 1, and have ordered the Filler Cap, The Front Fender Shields are on order also.

The Passenger rear window was replaced because of "Wind Noise at Freeway Speeds".

Now I saw someone else mention this before, My (manual) dual heater controls were wacky, If I turned up the heat on both sides, Nice hot air, when I would turn it down, the Passenger side would blow hot air while the driver side would go to air conditioning...... Shut the truck off, start it up again, everything would return to normal. The notes had an error code listed with 40 occurrences. Can't figure out what the tech did but it's fixed.

I begrudgingly allowed the Front Licence Plate Holder to be installed, of course they put thier crappy plastic dealer frame on my plate, took that off this morning....

The oil change was free, they cannot find the 3 CD's that were stuck in the Player the last time the truck was in, and promised to send them to me. final result, $0 at the window, delivered on time.

The dealer was Delillo Chevrolet In Huntington Beach, Phillip was the Service Writer. :thumbs:

i have a real faint wind noise at about 30 mph and above. just sounds like a window is rolled down but real quiet and it is coming from the door jamb with the back door on driver side. any others?? i'm gonna take it in when i get a chance because it is really annoying

i have a real faint wind noise at about 30 mph and above. just sounds like a window is rolled down but real quiet and it is coming from the door jamb with the back door on driver side. any others?? i'm gonna take it in when i get a chance because it is really annoying

I had a touch of this problem. Very faint wind noise and squeaking from the door jamb when the truck body flexed. Turns out the rear door latch bars weren't adjusted tightly enough. The lower one was way off from the factory alignment mark. Took a 13mm wrench, loosened the adjusting bolts on the black latch plates, and moved the plates in about 3mm. On bottom I just lined it up with the mark on the plate, on top I couldn't see too well so I just moved it in the same amount. No more squeaks and no more wind noise! :D

Here's a couple of pics:

The latch bar... (I know, I see the dirt, too... :eek: )

HPIM0026a.JPG

And a close-up. The red circle shows where the washer nut originally was. The blue circle shows the alignment mark. Sorry about the bad focus. :(

HPIM0025a.JPG

:cheers:

...The Front Fender Shields are on order also...

Do you have the part numbers for both sides by any chance? I have the driver's side, but not the passenger's.

Glad you had a good dealer experience. I have the wind noise too, but I'd rather just listen to it than hand the keys to a chevy mechanic.

Now I maby nuts but.... I think the passenger side wheel well is totally different from the driverside. Also I have never heard of putting the shield on that side :confused: Correct me if I am wrong, I only got the shield for the drivers side don't think there is a part # for a missing piece on the pass. side

on this wind noise thing, is it only comming from where the front door latches onto the back door or can you hear it at the front of the front door to? Its so annoying and just started happening on mine, i keep trying to close the window thinking its open, but mine sounds like the whole door, I'll give this a shot, I know the had to adjust my passenger side for a rattle where it wasnt aligned, drivers side is just wind noise

Archived