any one have a 9.5" converter/ or smaller tires

any one know if it is safe to run a car tire that is only rated at like 1600 lbs max load. I'm having trouble finding an affordable tire/rim combo that has around a 28 or 29" diameter.

Thanks

Brad

what size rim are you trying to run. 16's/17's/18's/20/s?

any one know if it is safe to run a car tire that is only rated at like 1600 lbs max load. I'm having trouble finding an affordable tire/rim combo that has around a 28 or 29" diameter.

Thanks

Brad

I'm kind trying to get the best of every world. I'm looking for the lightest 17,18 or 20" rims with the lightest tires around 28 or 29" and still trying to keep it as cheap as possible....

I found tire sizes close to what i want for all the above rim sizes but then trying to find an inexpensive rim for that tire is killing me. I just found a set of 20" rims that weight 19lbs each and only cost 160 a rim, but it's hard to find an inexpensive tire(or any tire) that is only 28-29" tall for a 20"rim. there are a couple of more options in car tires, but they don't seem to be rates to even hold the weight of the truck. for example the kumho ecsta spt 245/50/18

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

Thanks

Brad

I'm kind trying to get the best of every world. I'm looking for the lightest 17,18 or 20" rims with the lightest tires around 28 or 29" and still trying to keep it as cheap as possible....

I found tire sizes close to what i want for all the above rim sizes but then trying to find an inexpensive rim for that tire is killing me. I just found a set of 20" rims that weight 19lbs each and only cost 160 a rim, but it's hard to find an inexpensive tire(or any tire) that is only 28-29" tall for a 20"rim. there are a couple of more options in car tires, but they don't seem to be rates to even hold the weight of the truck. for example the kumho ecsta spt 245/50/18

Brad

well even if its only rated at 1600 per load, multiplied by 4 and your truck cant weight more than 6400 pounds.

Thanks

Brad

Brad

well even if its only rated at 1600 per load, multiplied by 4 and your truck cant weight more than 6400 pounds.

i thought of that but i don't know how much weight is on the front tires compared to the back? or how much weight is on the tires during a fast turn. i like to hit the s shaped on ramps pretty hard and don't need a blow out during a turn. But it seems i might be going that way. the kumho SPT tires offer the best size at 27.7 tall and only weigh 30 lbs.

Brad

I did find some 20" rims that weigh 19lbs though.

Ohhhhhh, 19 pounds? Sounds nice... which rims are those?

http://www.centerlinewheels.com/wheel_deal...icle&data=3]

They are the centerline tomahawk series- stingray III and its a forged rim. I called them up to see if they had any overstock and they told me they are running new production on a ultralite series of this rim. They told me 19lbs per rim is what they are planning on.....so i just ordered a set tonight. It a 20x8.5 rim with a 5" back spacing, so it's the same as our stock rims. I told them i doubted they could make a 19lbs 20" rim so he said they would call me before they ship to me with the exact weight of the rim, and if it's over 19lbs i can cancel the order. He said their first runs of the new style was a little heavier so they are redoing the design to make weight. 3-4weeks to get them.

does any one see a problem with putting a 245/40/20 rim on these? thats 27.7"x9.6". I'm a little worried that the side wall might not be big enough.....not sure if that causes any problems.

if all works out, the rims will weigh 19lbs and the tires weight 30. so i should be at 49lbs per wheel.

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)