Newbie tuning Q: COT Enabled?

misterp

Hi all, I've broke out my copy of LS1Edit and am looking at the "Engine Test Parameters" dialog window, there is a checkbox labeled "COT Enabled" and it is checked; also, the cat overtemp thresholds degrees table has the following entries:

1st threshold = 905-C

2nd threshold = 915-C

3rd threshold = 925-C

4th threshold = 975-C

Now here's my question, I have gutted my cats a long time ago - if I disable the "COT Enabled" checkbox will I increase MPG on the freeway? Or is it already configured in such a way as to have the COT enrichment non-functional as-is?

Mr. P. :)

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

In simple words.

IF the cats are still on, leave the Cot protection on.

If the cats are not on, Turn it off and dissable the cat codes and rear o2 sensor codes and be done with it.

The reason for the ability for you to tune the cot thresholds on Temp is to make up the difference for Aftermarkt highflow cats. ALSO there is an AIR Fuel modifier that modifys the commanded air fuel ratio when the pcm is various Cot Modes. Come Cats require different amounts of fuel to be added.

In simple words.

IF the cats are still on, leave the Cot protection on.

If the cats are not on, Turn it off and dissable the cat codes and rear o2 sensor codes and be done with it.

The reason for the ability for you to tune the cot thresholds on Temp is to make up the difference for Aftermarkt highflow cats. ALSO there is an AIR Fuel modifier that modifys the commanded air fuel ratio when the pcm is various Cot Modes. Come Cats require different amounts of fuel to be added.

Thanks :thumbs: I'm figuring out slowly that my tune has more than a few sins in it.

Mr. P. :)