Great Lakes Dragaway

i checked the web site again...and they are opening a weekend early, weather permitting. Yes that means this coming Saturday!!!! I'll be there this sat to get the base line done and over with, then I'll meet you guys next Saturday(the 31st) with my new rims(19lbs a piece) and new tires(3 inches smaller). Depending on how good the heads and cam did i might be able to pull a 13.5-6 with the rims tires and a new PCM. If i can pull a 13.5 NA with stock cubes.....i'll be happy as hell!!!

I checked with Frank, and he will not be able to make it.... bummer

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

i checked the web site again...and they are opening a weekend early, weather permitting. Yes that means this coming Saturday!!!! I'll be there this sat to get the base line done and over with, then I'll meet you guys next Saturday(the 31st) with my new rims(19lbs a piece) and new tires(3 inches smaller). Depending on how good the heads and cam did i might be able to pull a 13.5-6 with the rims tires and a new PCM. If i can pull a 13.5 NA with stock cubes.....i'll be happy as hell!!!

I checked with Frank, and he will not be able to make it.... bummer

Brad

How'd you do? Now they are calling for rain Sat. but it is far enough away to change. I have to figure out what is wrong with my brake system this week. :banghead:

How'd you do? Now they are calling for rain Sat. but it is far enough away to change. I have to figure out what is wrong with my brake system this week. :banghead:

Not as good as i hoped.....like really not as good as i hoped. I ran a best of 14.002 :banghead::banghead:

I was on the phone with Frank at the track and he had me check a few things out with the scan gauges, but we both new what the problem is. My PI converter is WAY to tight for this cam. I couldn't brake stall past 1800. I started to launch off idle to get the converter to flash a little higher but it still won't flash past about 2200. I did time comparisions from my old best of 14.340 to my new best 14.002, i found the truck was slower to 60', 330' and 1/8 mile, but made up over 4 tenths from the 1/8 mile to 1/4 mile. I overnighted my pcm to Frank, so I'll have a new tune to try out, but no tune is going to pull 3 more tenths out of her.

I still don't have my rims, so can't run them either. I have friday off work so i can change diff fluid in the front and rear, install my new tranny cooler and change trans fluid. So I'll be ready for Sat. if they are open.

At this point, i'm done modding untill i pull the trans out and send the converter in for a restall. It doesn't pay to put another dime into the truck with 2200 stall converter.

I have to mention though, the help i got from Frank was awsome, he wants this truck to be faster as much as i do. He dropped what he was doing to give me some advise and check some things out over the phone. So credit were credit is do.

Brad

Hopefully this rain will just pass right on by us and it will be a nice weekend. I wish I knew they opened up last weekend, I would have been there. Either way, weather permitting I'll be there Sat. I hope to see a few other guys make it out.

ok so if it's not raining when i get up....I'm heading down there. If it stops raining during the day I'll call to see if they are open.

Hope to see you guys down there.

I spent the whole day adding my new cooler, changing tranny fluid, and changing fluid in both diffs. And now i have a new tune to try out as well.

Brad

QUESTION: "How much does it cost to race at Great Lakes Dragaway??"

Answer: On weeknights, the cost to race is $30.00 per driver. On weekends, the cost is $37.00 per driver. Spectators pay $12.00 to enter the grounds

According to their site