First real test in the snow...

SSminneapolis

We had our first big snow here in MN...wasn't really that big of a snow...but a nice layer of ice got laid down before the snow..made it all interesting...

the tires...aren't the greatest i have ever had (stock)...once they got warmed up they handled just fine :thumbs: ...the width is probably the biggest pain...big fan of the AWD...had a few good power slides...fish-tailing is much more managable as well...usually only get one swing out of the rear end before straightening out...you get good at it after doing it all day long... :D

overall very happy...especially the heated seats... :thumbs:

i don't know if i would really want chrome rims in the winter...really bad for the finish...good luck with that...

this is what my truck looked like today after a weekend of playing...

38904948.jpg

still trying to figure out all of the goodies on the new digital camera...trying to get a movie together of powerslides & fishtailing for everyone to enjoy...

Down here in the DFW (Dallas/Fort Worth) area, we might get one light snow a year or sometimes ice so it is not a big concern. But when it does happen, all the crazy people get out there and do stupid things. I will leave mine in the garage if it snows or ices. But, as said, it rarely happens here. Not to mention that when it does happen, it pretty much shuts everything down and I don't have to go to work. I know, sounds wimpy, but I take advantatge of it!

Has anyone tried "winter tires" yet. I have a set of 16" wheels and tires from an 03 Suburban that I want to use. Being the spare is the same size I don't think there would be any problems. I'd raher not use the stock wheels, I drive to VT and the camp I go to is on an unplowed road.

I ordered the Suburban tires from a conversion company as take offs. I paid about half the price for the Aluminum wheels with tires as I would have paid for the tires alone. I haven't put them on yet but will probabl get them on in the next week of two. Snowmobile is coming.

I was in So. central MN when the snow came, we only got about 4" but I did haul a chopper box across a plowed field and the truck is great :shakehead:

Back into the heated garage and another coat of Zaino Z2 and it is back to show time.

I love this truck :chevy:

i don't know if i would really want chrome rims in the winter...really bad for the finish...good luck with that...

this is what my truck looked like today after a weekend of playing...

38904948.jpg

still trying to figure out all of the goodies on the new digital camera...trying to get a movie together of powerslides & fishtailing for everyone to enjoy...

man that makes feel sick :puke:

Archived