Hey guys

Jonmalibuss

I have been busy with my new condo and some issues at work which leads me to want to drink when I get home rather than chat on the site. But anyways I am looking to possibly lower my payments a bit and have been thinking about getting rid of the VHO for a new body style RCSB but I really only wanna do this if the aluminum 5.3 is an option in this truck. built a truck on Chevrolet.com but didn't see the aluminum 5.3 as an option only the 315hp iron block 5.3, does anyone know if this is even possible? If so whats the RPO code for this?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

I couldn't imagine you getting rid of your truck with all the work you've done to it. But, if you want to know the RPO for the aluminum block engine is LH6. According to the online order reference guide it is only available in the CK10543 truck which is the 4x4 crew cab. I hope this helps and please keep your truck, it's awesome!

damn jon, been wondering wtf you been up to... seen you on IM here and there but was curious about the new place. Either way, do what you gotta do to make things work even if that means drop the vho. Hope things are working out for the best bro!!!!!

Welcome back (sort of :uhoh: ) I figured you've been busy with your new place, it sounds like things are going pretty good. The new truck would be very cool if you could get it how you want it. Now if we could just get Ben back on here, we'd all be set, we've heard from Zippy, Josh, Zane and you this week, which is kinda funny since all have been MIA for a little while.

Hopefully you can find a little more time, once you get stuff sorted out, to come and chill with everyone :)

wow, I just stared at posi12bolt's sig for about 5 minutes straight...

lol anyways you can't get the aluminum 5.3 in RCSB's. Whats wrong with the Iron block?

I built an 06 Classic RC std. bed (cant get short bed, so thats the next shortest) w/ 5.3l L59, 4 speed auto, G80, 3:73's, tow pckg, and suspension pckg. and the MSRP was only 23k, you could probobly talk them to 20k flat tax and title. With a weak 87 tune that'll keep up with a stock SS...mine did.

http://www.chevrolet.com/byo/buildSummary....p;x=14&y=12

Edited by SchmidDaddY (see edit history)

Thanks guys I figured it wasn't possible to get the aluminum block but thought it was worth a shot. There is nothing wrong with the iron block but figured the aluminum block was lighter and if it came in a light RCSB it would make a pretty badass sport truck. I don't have to get rid of the VHO but it is about time for a change and it would be nice to pay a little less than I pay now.

The garage is great I like having a place to keep the truck out of the weather but I misjudged lastnight and took out the drivers side mirror :banghead:

I honestly forgot you exsisted! :jester: j/k! I'll take your truck if you want to give it to me!! :ughdance: You should keep it man. I decided I HAD to lower my truck after seeing yours. Yours is my 2nd favorite truck on the site. :P (next to Chases) Hang out a while, keep you truck, and don't drink too much!!! :cheers:

-K-

Jon,

Glad to hear from you. It's almost like you become a Mod here and they kidnap you and hold you for ransom :jester: Try and get through the issues at work with your sanity and liver intact.

This to, shall pass :dunno:

I like your truck and would hate to see you get rid of it (your truck made me rethink buying my SSS), but that's not my decision. Hope everything settles down and works out :crazy:

...And stop by when you can :cheers:

I honestly forgot you exsisted! :jester: j/k! I'll take your truck if you want to give it to me!! :ughdance: You should keep it man. I decided I HAD to lower my truck after seeing yours. Yours is my 2nd favorite truck on the site. :P (next to Chases) Hang out a while, keep you truck, and don't drink too much!!! :cheers:

-K-

:withstupid: your truck is one of my fav's as well.. there is going to be a truck of the month picked every month starting realy soon (you even get a bunch of gifts and certificates), i would hate to see your truck gone, i would think yours would definetly make it within the first few months imo :thumbs: but if you have to sell it, by all means do whats best for you.

i've had to make choices like that before. good luck with everything!.

p.s. did you ever get that garage floor done, i kinda wanted to do that myself, if you did pics would be great!.. if you have the time.

later. :cheers:

-K-

:withstupid: your truck is one of my fav's as well.. there is going to be a truck of the month picked every month starting realy soon (you even get a bunch of gifts and certificates), i would hate to see your truck gone, i would think yours would definetly make it within the first few months imo :thumbs: but if you have to sell it, by all means do whats best for you.

i've had to make choices like that before. good luck with everything!.

p.s. did you ever get that garage floor done, i kinda wanted to do that myself, if you did pics would be great!.. if you have the time.

later. :cheers:

I'm still waiting for behr to send me the two part epoxy. It's been 3 weeks now and they said it has been shipped but Fed Ex hasn't delivered it yet so I guess I wait because I dunno who to blame right now. I will be sure to get pics once I get it done.