SS with step bars and BedRug

ssseeker

Any trouble mounting the Westin Bars with our Bodywork?

The Westin bars will not fit unless you add some spacers to the front and rear mount bolts to clear the plastic stuff. I used washers and added about an inch or so to lower the mounts. It is still a really tight fit; to go any lower you would have to find longer mount bolts. Other than that no problem, just some trial and error.

Are those stainless steel with black powder coating or the regular ones? Eithor way looks :cool:

They are the "Signature" bars which are painted black. I think the stainless ones are about $150 more. I paid $198 inc shipping from Surplus Equipment Exchange- ordered on Sun and delivered on Tues :) Good service.

I would love to see another pic without so much glare and from farther away... I have been thinking about these a lot and haven't seen black on black yet. :cheers:

I posted a couple more pics that may help. Sun was out bright on Sat (as always here in sunny FL ;)

Once the new formula Dry-Wash gets here the glare will probably get kicked up a notch. The pics you see are with one treatment of the "old" formula so I'm anxious to see how the new stuff works on the Black Monster (wife's name for the SS. :rolleyes:

I think I like em! Are they functional at all?

They are functional- but if you wear a size 12 combat boot you will probably scuff up the side panels. They work great for a step up into the cab and cleaning off the windshield, etc. I think they add to the visual appeal (black on black) but that's just my HO ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived