Pics of the MP122

I have stock internals now. Once I get the new trans I will be working on a new motor. For the fuel I have a walbro 255. Tony is tuning the truck today, he will let me know if I need a magnavolt to help out. I just have to take it easy till the trans is in.

well since the mp122 is so new i couldnt tell you how much boost it will make . but being an 04 your fuel system is already weak. so keep an eye on you rfuel pressure when getting into boost. imo a magnavolt wont do enough for boost higher than 11-12 psi with just a single 255.

UPDATE-Tony is still tuning the truck. He had the truck at his house last night and I stopped by to check it out. The blower wines a little more than the 112 does at idle. I took it for a spin and it pulls hard out of the hole, I could not get on it to hard because of the tune. I can't wait till he gets the tuning finished, he has to take the truck to magnuson in oxnard to have it tuned. Its just taking longer because they don't have much to go one with the 122 being so new and tunes much diffrent than a 112. Hope to get all the tuning done and see what kind of # it puts down.

UPDATE-Tony is still tuning the truck. He had the truck at his house last night and I stopped by to check it out. The blower wines a little more than the 112 does at idle. I took it for a spin and it pulls hard out of the hole, I could not get on it to hard because of the tune. I can't wait till he gets the tuning finished, he has to take the truck to magnuson in oxnard to have it tuned. Its just taking longer because they don't have much to go one with the 122 being so new and tunes much diffrent than a 112. Hope to get all the tuning done and see what kind of # it puts down.

I wouldn't think the tune would differ "that much" from the 112 to the 122. You are using different injectors and obviously the 122 has a different efficiency map but other than that they should be somewhat similar I believe. I would think once you nail down the fueling, the rest of the tuning is the fun stuff (spark etc.).

Keep us posted on your results! :driving:

I wouldn't think the tune would differ "that much" from the 112 to the 122. You are using different injectors and obviously the 122 has a different efficiency map but other than that they should be somewhat similar I believe. I would think once you nail down the fueling, the rest of the tuning is the fun stuff (spark etc.).

I was thinking the same, does the kit come with tune software like the 112

No there is no programmer for the 122. It works completely diffrent than the 112 I was told. I got the truck back last night and it feels really good. They got the tune down and it moves. I will post some more pics and try to upload a vid.

I hope this link works. I am still getting used to power braking the truck It seems if I try to stall more that 2600 the boost starts to kick in and the truck starts moving forward, while all the way down on the brakes :confused:. I hope to get the flowmaster off by the end of the month and get the pacesetters on and the rest of the exhaust done.

http://videos.streetfire.net/Comment/0/1d3...8e9014363a5.htm

Edited by bagged7104ss (see edit history)