Ext Cab SS on HOLD!!!!!!

muscleshop

:angry::angry:

Ok, while scrolling thru records found on Google (Im on about number 300 now...lol) I found something NOT mentioned yet here, or anywhere else for that matter.

This site says that the "(1SS) SS Package on hold. TBD" . This was on 11-13-02

Check it out for yourself....and MERVZ!!!!!!!!...Find out what is going on!

http://www.arifleet.com/production.html#gmtrucks

Nope, this is a site that shows any delays in production and the reasons why. Shows lead times and other things too. Get as specific as it gets (I.E. Tells you lead times and production delays on cars of a certain color)

First the price came down, now I find this. lol UGGGGGGGG "Why is everybody always pickin on me" said Charlie Brown.

It COULD be a good thing, as I posted awhile ago, it may have to do with tweaks to the engine. Who knows what is going on?????? That is what MERVZ is for, and for the last 20 minutes this post has been up (12:50am -1:10am Central) he hasnt done a darn thing to find out about this situation. lol Come on Mervz, chop chop.

• Admin

LOL, i do have other things to do..

Well,

From what i understand, this is most likely explained by the fact that the SS was not launched with the rest of the 03 model line.

With that said.. SS pricing was supposed to be annouced in early October. Obviously something is going on, because its still not out.

Some rumors...

1. Painted wheels are being replaced by polished rims

2. Possible up in HP due to poor reaction by enthusiasts?

After that, i have no clue. I'll send an email out to see if i can find more information.. :)

• Admin

OK, offical word here!

The SS is only delayed a month. Saleable production will start Mid-january, with some pilots comming off the line in December.

There will NOT be polished rims :(

There will NOT be an up on the HP :(

Orders will be accepted into the system starting DECEMBER 5th! B)

OK, offical word here!

The SS is only delayed a month. Saleable production will start Mid-january, with some pilots comming off the line in December.

There will NOT be polished rims :(

There will NOT be an up on the HP :(

Orders will be accepted into the system starting DECEMBER 5th! B)

Fricken fracken #$#%^$*!!! :angry:

Delay & NO hp improvement. What the hell is the delay for then?????? Also, no word on NEW price yet??????? What about everything that has changed (I.E. in das 6 cd changer now option instead of standard, etc)??????

Mervz-

Who is this "official word" from and what is there reasoning behind changing the option list like muscleshop talked about- We be all confuzed now ;) thanks for the help on this delicate subject! Oh and ask if they can send these pickups out with just plywood cutouts for temporary rollers and give us a $2,000.00 credit cause the tires are cheap and the painted wheels are obviously ugly now that we have seen the polished ones they told us we would get over and over. Muscle shop said it best "#$#%^$*!!!"

blah!

• Admin
Mervz-

Who is this "official word" from and what is there reasoning behind changing the option list like muscleshop talked about- We be all confuzed now ;) thanks for the help on this delicate subject! Oh and ask if they can send these pickups out with just plywood cutouts for temporary rollers and give us a $2,000.00 credit cause the tires are cheap and the painted wheels are obviously ugly now that we have seen the polished ones they told us we would get over and over. Muscle shop said it best "#$#%^$*!!!"

blah!

This is strait from a Marketing Manager for the SS.

I totally feel the same way you guys do, but there is nothing i can do about it. :(

Archived