Ext Cab SS on HOLD!!!!!!

muscleshop

Mervz-

Who is this "official word" from and what is there reasoning behind changing the option list like muscleshop talked about-    We be all confuzed now ;)            thanks for the help on this delicate subject!   Oh and ask if they can send these pickups out with just plywood cutouts for temporary rollers and give us a $2,000.00 credit cause the tires are cheap and the painted wheels are obviously ugly now that we have seen the polished ones they told us we would get over and over.       Muscle shop said it best "#$#%^$*!!!"  

blah!

This is strait from a Marketing Manager for the SS.

I totally feel the same way you guys do, but there is nothing i can do about it. :(

What be his name? Better yet, what be his phone number/email addy?

• Admin
What be his name?  Better yet, what be his phone number/email addy?

I'm sorry, i cannot give that information out. :)

Believe me, they are watching this site. So, don't think that they can't hear you.

What be his name?  Better yet, what be his phone number/email addy?

I'm sorry, i cannot give that information out. :)

Believe me, they are watching this site. So, don't think that they can't hear you.

Didnt think you could, :P but it never hurts to ask. lol

The fact that they are watching the site is good enough for me.

HEY YOU....WHY THE DELAY IF YOU DIDNT IMPROVE THE SS??????????????? WHEN ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO BE RELEASING THE PRICING AGAIN??????????? LMMFAO

hey person watching and reading our quotes.

(Mervz-Edited because insulting our good friends at GM is NOT cool)

i dont mean no foul-but delays are not cool.

the more delay the less patience-we your

true fans of the sss- are going to have.

WE WANT OUR TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I don't think you would want one of the pilot trucks. I am guessing that these are the trucks get trashed for internal testing and that the press get to test abuse, I mean test drive.

As much as I hate to wait a bit more, I guess I can be patient. I have been truck shopping for 3/4 of a year now. I don't buy a new truck very often, so I can wait a bit to get the one I want. It has been 11 years since my last truck, and that helps me deal with the outlandish cost of the SS.

Look at all the commotion you caused, muscleshop!!!

You know the GM bigwigs are delaying the arrival of the truck to gain more buyer interest. If the truck came out when all the other 2003 trucks came out, it wouldnt be as apealing. If they bring the truck around in the begginning few months of 2003, then it looks like a half year release. I bet they are not here until February.

Also if you want to buy a pilot truck out in december, try paying a premium of $10,000. Thats right! Some inside contacts said they would be putting a markup of 10k on the truck they are getting. (New Arrival Blue- arriveing the first week of dec)

Well now that we all know everything thanks to "SoCal" we just as well close this forum down and go home.

MuscleShop should have known better than to share some quality, specific information with all of us- how stupid of him!

yeah right - keep diggin' Muscleshop we who care about this appreciate your info and your ability to spell!

• Admin

You know the GM bigwigs are delaying the arrival of the truck to gain more buyer interest. If the truck came out when all the other 2003 trucks came out, it wouldnt be as apealing. If they bring the truck around in the begginning few months of 2003, then it looks like a half year release. I bet they are not here until February.

Also if you want to buy a pilot truck out in december, try paying a premium of $10,000. Thats right! Some inside contacts said they would be putting a markup of 10k on the truck they are getting. (New Arrival Blue- arriveing the first week of dec)

1. GM still isn't agile enough to pull a move off like delaying a truck to up interest.

2. You CAN'T buy pilot vehicles. GM pulls every single one of them. For the most part, they are not sold to the public.

3. No-one is getting an SS the first week of December. They won't even start the pilots untill late December. Orders arn't even been accepted untill Dec 5th!

4. Even when they do get enough saleable units made, they will sit in the back lots untill middle January for quality checks. Then all released at once for equal placement in inventory.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You know the GM bigwigs are delaying the arrival of the truck to gain more buyer interest. If the truck came out when all the other 2003 trucks came out, it wouldnt be as apealing.  If they bring the truck around in the begginning few months of 2003, then it looks like a half year release.  I bet they are not here until February.  

Also if you want to buy a pilot truck out in december, try paying a premium of $10,000.  Thats right!  Some inside contacts said they would be putting a markup of 10k on the truck they are getting.  (New Arrival Blue- arriveing the first week of dec)

1. GM still isn't agile enough to pull a move off like delaying a truck to up interest.

2. You CAN'T buy pilot vehicles. GM pulls every single one of them. For the most part, they are not sold to the public.

3. No-one is getting an SS the first week of December. They won't even start the pilots untill late December. Orders arn't even been accepted untill Dec 5th!

4. Even when they do get enough saleable units made, they will sit in the back lots untill middle January for quality checks. Then all released at once for equal placement in inventory.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's true about Pilot vehicles, they are the first of the ones to come down the assembly line months before actual production. I believe the first pilot Silverado SS trucks (5 of them) were made June 18th, 2 more were made Oct 31st I believe and then I seen a couple last week after night shift (Nov 20th). These trucks go through the whole process to work out the bugs in the assembly line so they know what can go wrong.

:thumbs:

Archived