N2O

ToddOH

I like my nitrous express kit. Nothing fancy, just a base kit with a few extras. No controllers or anything like that.

How much $$ invested? How easy was the install? Do you have the remote to turn on the bottle from inside the truck? I would probably need a bottle heater here in Michigan.

I need a bottle heater here in TX. You may need two (not really). The heater is used to make sure the pressure in the bottle is correct. I need my heater most of the time. Granted, on 100+ degree days in TX, I don't use it. On a cold day, the bottle pressure may be 700 psi, but with the heater, it gets to 1100 psi, which is where you want it.

I bought my kit used. It was the base kit with an extra purge. I added a pressure gauge, a heater, and a WOT switch. Since then, I bought a used remote opener, a MSD window switch, a second heater (because I didnt like my first - ZEX), a second 15 pound NOS brand bottle w/ built in gauge (really nice feature), and a second stage add on kit. I don't have the MSD, bottle opener, or second stage kit installed at this point.

The cheapest place I have seen it is Texas Speed & Performance - 859.00

Tybrne is the next cheapest - 889.00

Of course for me, Texas Speed charges me TX sales tax so Tbyrne would be cheaper. Besides I try to buy from Tbyrne whenever I can.

Still a little high compared to the regular stage one kit (20920-10) kit I was looking at. For you nitrous experts out there what is the big deal about this MAF system and is it any better?

I would try to stay as simple as possible. You don't need too much with the Radix. I only want the necessities to make it function. Getting much above a 50-75 shot may be more than our bottom ends can handle. Of course, nobody on here is pushing the stock bottom end too much, yet. I think the stock tranny could handle a 50 shot with the Radix. To be used only at the track. Of course, some work may be necessary to take care of your tranny some. This is not an expert opinion, of course.

Archived