Tint Ticket

NashSS

Well i got pulled over today for window tint :banghead: but thats alright. I was taking my brother to school and there was a cop in the parking lot that got behind me when I dropped him off and when I turned out of the parking lot he hit his lights so I stopped and shut the truck off like your supposed to. I actually figured he got me for speeding cuz I know I was just not how much. But he comes up and says he pulled me over for the window tint so I roll my window up half way and he puts his little meter on it and it comes back 11% which i knew it would. So he checks my driving status and all that shit that took about 10 mins which it souldnt have but i stayed calm and he came back asking me if i knew it was illegal to have em that dark and i said yes cuz i was aware so i signed the ticket which was 70 bucks. Oh well just though I would share and I hate cops that pick on the nice vehicles just because they can. They cant pick on the ones that look like shit with limo tint and probably have drugs. :icon_bs:

EDIT: Also with that in mind can the same cop give me another ticket for the same thing at a later date or not? Spring is rolling around and I'm gonna be cruising with my windows down alot but if he spots me again I'm sure he'll check to see if I had it removed. Thanks.

Edited by NashSS (see edit history)

Well i got pulled over today for window tint :banghead: but thats alright. I was taking my brother to school and there was a cop in the parking lot that got behind me when I dropped him off and when I turned out of the parking lot he hit his lights so I stopped and shut the truck off like your supposed to. I actually figured he got me for speeding cuz I know I was just not how much. But he comes up and says he pulled me over for the window tint so I roll my window up half way and he puts his little meter on it and it comes back 11% which i knew it would. So he checks my driving status and all that shit that took about 10 mins which it souldnt have but i stayed calm and he came back asking me if i knew it was illegal to have em that dark and i said yes cuz i was aware so i signed the ticket which was 70 bucks. Oh well just though I would share and I hate cops that pick on the nice vehicles just because they can. They cant pick on the ones that look like shit with limo tint and probably have drugs. :icon_bs:

EDIT: Also with that in mind can the same cop give me another ticket for the same thing at a later date or not? Spring is rolling around and I'm gonna be cruising with my windows down alot but if he spots me again I'm sure he'll check to see if I had it removed. Thanks.

yes the same cop can give you another ticket. I have one that gave me 3 of them. he even went so far as to take a polaroid incase I took it too court. as he took the pic I waved him the 1 finger salute and just paid the bill. your best bet is to play nice with him and become his friend or at least be civil with him and he will get sick of givin you tickets. also make sure it doesnt qualify as a habitual affender or you could lose your license over it... good luck..

Well I was nice and everything with him and he was nice back and I also had my expired insurance tags in the truck my new ones were at the house at the time and I told him that before I gave him the insurance and when he came back he said he'll take my word for it so he was nice about and the freaking ticket was only 15 bucks for the tint fine and 50 for freaking court costs. He was cool about it so I hope he doesn't get me again but if he does oh well.

Yes He can ...

And you said the ticket was only $70.00 ... not bad,

In Massachusetts, I can charge you $250.00 for window tint below 30%, Oh yeah ... That is $250.00 PER WINDOW!!!!

that sucks i have 5% and never been bothered most cops around here have blacked out windows so...i cant see how they can get away with it and not us.

i think it would be cool to have windows that got darker when u pressed a button...kinda like the rear view mirror has that "shade" feature for ppls bright lights thats are behind you...that way u could adjust how dark you wanted them....and then at night dime turn them off so u can see.....but thats just me..............

Yes He can ...

In Massachusetts, I can charge you $250.00 for window tint below 30%, Oh yeah ... That is $250.00 PER WINDOW!!!!

Ted Kennedy and $500 tint tickets...I'm staying away from Mass. :jester: And to think I was bitching about a $74 ticket.

Dave

that sucks i have 5% and never been bothered most cops around here have blacked out windows so...i cant see how they can get away with it and not us.

i think it would be cool to have windows that got darker when u pressed a button...kinda like the rear view mirror has that "shade" feature for ppls bright lights thats are behind you...that way u could adjust how dark you wanted them....and then at night dime turn them off so u can see.....but thats just me..............

correct me if im wrong our local boys in blue. But arent tint laws instated so cops can see in your car?

I think if you just play nice no one will bother you. ;)

correct me if im wrong our local boys in blue. But arent tint laws instated so cops can see in your car?

I think if you just play nice no one will bother you. ;)

Drako i think you are correct,it seems to me too many cops got killed while approching vehicles and being caught off guard.bang bang youre dead.!

You know the tint was to dark them you go on to say the police signal you out? I understand it's nice to have tint, and to have a nice car but that does not entitle you to black out your windows. I have 20% I know I am over the limit for my state if I get pulled for them, I will take them off and replace it with a lighter tint. Here we can plede not guilty go to DMV with no tint and there is no ticket.

Yes He can ...

Ted Kennedy and $500 tint tickets...I'm staying away from Mass. :jester: And to think I was bitching about a $74 ticket.

Dave

I hear ya! :eek: 250 a window is outrageous so i think ill stick with my 70 dollar ticket. I do realize cops get shot when approaching vehicles and i do realize thats why theres a law against it so i'm not complaining, I don't think he'll bother me anymore just as long as I obey all the other laws and besides its coming around that time of year where i can roll down my windows all day.

Dave

$500.00??? Thats only Two windows, Don't forget quarter-glass, rearwindow, backdoor windows ... So if the guy is an A$$ ... Your looking at $1250.00 to start!!!!

And Leave ol' "Hick-up ... Burrrrrrp" Teddy alone!!!!! :D