Reverse Lights

geomcrider

Stupid question but this great forum has all the answers.

When I open or close the truck with my key fob....the reverse lights go on and of along with the headlights and the lights uner the sideview mirrors. Anybody else notice this. It actuall does give you quite a bit of light and you can spot your vechicle far away. Just curious

Is this normal for the reverse light to be activated also ? I have had numerous people comment on that. But....I wish i new how to toggle them on at my convienance. like in the old days when you wanted to run someone you just gave the switch a flick to let them know you were game !

That is a programmable feature that you have selected. You can turn on and off. Forget what it's called though. All done through the steering wheel controls. It's something like "curbside lighting."

Unless, you are just referring to the flicker on and off. I'm referring to the feature that has all three lights, reverse, head, and mirror on for about a minute.

the lights under the mirrors are curbside and the drl's and reverse are perimeter. they are both programmable. i went to the dealer for the exact same thing. computers only do what you tell them to.

:withstupid:

Its great for lighting, but I found a better use when I found out my Trailblazer did it:

In a parking lot hit the unlock button from far away if you see a person waiting for a parking space to open up. The vultures will put the signal on and wait for the longest time thinking your going to leave. I just hang out a good distance away and see how long I can make 'em wait. Especially good for the lazy bastards that would rather wait for your space than drive out 20 more ft to take the open space! :devil:

Is it wrong that I gain amusement from the suffering of others? :lol:

hehe i didnt know what the hell was goin on when i did it...lol

Thanks for all the input guys....I just couldnt find where in our book the perimiter lights talked about reverse lights. I have a 2002 Avalanche also and the perimiter lighting "does not include" the rears.

Oh... and I knew about the folding mirrors on the first day.

hahah

Also had my first oil change yesterday (MOBILE 1) I did the M1 fill cap change and the adhesive plate. It used a PF-46 and took 6.25 quarts to make the dip stick happy.

$49.95 for the 5 quarts of oil and another 8 bucks for the extra 1.25 quart. ( I even tipped the guy that did the oil because he took his time and wasnt rushing )They also give you 3 bucks off on you next oil change and everytime you get the "FREE" $9.00 touchless car wash that can be used within two weeks. Such a deal !

I have shopmans billet bowtie, put a nice fiberglass lid over the bed, have Mobile 1 in, Volant Air intake coming in...etc.

All you SS/Chevy owners have a Happy Thanksgiving !

George

Archived