stupid gauge clusters

toolhaulerSS

well some of us have experince the stuck speedo but now my oil pressure gauge is out of range!

I haved the speedo stiking problem since i had my ss.( bought used) 1 st time it happend i call the dealer and ask him what is going on. he told me it has happend before and how to reset it . first turn off the truck then turning the key just past the accessor postion with out bumping the starter and back to accessor postion.

each time it will bring the speedo down about 5 miles tell it gets to 0. OK so Ive lived with this for awhile

becuse its an eazy fix and only happens a couple times a month.

now this is a new one last week did my own oil change (moblie 1 5/30 k&n oil fliter) like i allways do.

the next day leveing work got in my truck while it was runing( remote start) and saw my oil pressure gage over 80 psi!! wtf. first thing i thougt was how could i screw up an oil chage!! shut off the truck and looking under it checking the fillter, checking drain plug, checking the oil level. all was good. so i drove 2 blocks and pulled overchecked everything again. all was ok :banghead: i drive 35+ miles one way so iam trying to decide weather to call a tow , get a ride , go to a dealership. while i started driving to the dealer on the way home keeping a close

eye on temps and the high oil pressure. driving slower then ever and the temps all in range i decided that i would

go home. all along thinking is something pluging the oil fillter or higher oil pressure is better than no oil pressure.

so i get home all pissed and checking everything all over again. when i go to start up the truck to see where the

oil gauge is at i see the speedo is at 10mph so i bump the key to bring in back down and my oil gauge comes right down with it :banghead: this has happed 2 times this week.

moral of the story is a new gauge cluster is in my near future.

I had a sending unit go bad, did the same thing pegged the gauge. It does sound like you have cluster issues. I would be tempted to take it out and re-seat it. Maybe you have a bad connection.

Dave

:withstupid:

Unfortunately, that didn't work for me ... mine needed to be reflashed AND rebuilt! :banghead:

The same thing seems to be happening to mine as well at 28,000 miles! I was told by the Chevy dealership that it was a common problem with the 03-06 trucks. Apparently the stepper motors that run the needles are all sh*t. The only fix is a new gage cluster -$500. There is a vendor on Ebay that claims to rebuild the instument clusters for about half the cost. -sounds like alot of hassle though :dunno:Link

A guys got to know how fast he's going! Not sure what to do. :banghead:

My Speedo's been doing this crap since shortly after i bought my truck in June, I've been doing the key turn thing to bump it back down. I called this guy i found on ebay mentioned in on of the above posts and he seems to be really good and cheap. He quoted me $240 to change out ALL motors in the gauge cluster, replace all the light bulbs and change the face over to an escalade gauge faces and ship it back over night. the only thing not included in that price is shipping to him. He has a 1 day turn around on all speedo's and a 1 year warranty. I think I'm going to try it so i'll let you guys know how it goes.

Here's a link to his ebay listing for a rebulit speedo adn you can click on a link on that page about having a cluster repaired for more information.

Speedo repair

hey all you guys having trouble with your guages you just need to buy the updated motor on ebay for $10.00 dollars instead of paying $500.00 for a new cluster its easy to replace and a hole lot cheaper, and they do work i have used them, just thought i would put my 2 cents in i mean i would rather put $490.00 in somthing else on my truck.