05 VHO vs. 06 WRX

Chris Dubya

Wednesday, entering an onramp to I-35 South behind a stock, (non STI/rally/GT, whatever) Subaru WRX. An 18 wheeler was in front of us and entered the merge lane at about 30 mph. Left and center lanes cleared, and as soon as I saw his bumper drop from acceleration, I punched mine. He had a jump, but I started pulling him in around 75, passed him at 90 and screamed to 120 in a big hurry. When I let off he pulled even he did a classic double take.....priceless! I can't say enough about that pcmforless tune.

• 1 month later...
Some of the base WRX's are N/A only the top few are turbo

just went on autotrader, everyone i clicked on non STI was turbo, i have yet to see one not turbo. The Reg. impreza might not be turbo but as far as i know all the wrx's are turbo. Are you sure your not thinking of the Talon or eclipse?

check the Subaru web site to, and all the wrx's are turbo..

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

just went on autotrader, everyone i clicked on non STI was turbo, i have yet to see one not turbo. The Reg. impreza might not be turbo but as far as i know all the wrx's are turbo. Are you sure your not thinking of the Talon or eclipse?

check the Subaru web site to, and all the wrx's are turbo..

Brad

heres the deal, i only know this much because my buddy has one, and is a subaru nut. everyone wrx is turbo and awd, however, there is an OPTION, to have no turbo, and it takes a little off the base price. the option is there specifically for people that want to fix up the car, and know that they are going to add a different turbo anyways.

heres the deal, i only know this much because my buddy has one, and is a subaru nut. everyone wrx is turbo and awd, however, there is an OPTION, to have no turbo, and it takes a little off the base price. the option is there specifically for people that want to fix up the car, and know that they are going to add a different turbo anyways.

that would be news to me, however i double checked the web site and it doesn't list the option of removing the turbo. It lists all the options to upgrade to stuff the STI has but not to remove the turbo. I'd be interested to see where your buddy got his info from. and i would think it would cost them more to alter the assembly line to make 1 car that doesn't have a standard feature, and then put a different exhaust system, different manifolds, different pcm, and route all the wire looms different.... :confused:

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

Be advised guys, websites are not always correct, even manufracturers, plus some dealers can change the cars (Yenko for example) and that said websites only give information for the currently made cars, not last year's model, or the year before, even though it's the same body. Also, just cause it's says WRX or WRX STi doens't mean it's one under the hood either.

Good Kill!