An SS meet for PA,NJ,DEL

Hey RockHead what about us NY guys, are we invited too???? :driving:

New Yorkers are welcome , It is far for yea....... :thumbs: We could meet in NJ it is no big deal .Just Need get to find a meeting place and go for it . Wkiel is from NJ and he throw out a place to meet in Nnew Hope Bucks County Pa. (Just outside of NJ). Im thinking Maybe Havertown Pa .Delawere County (just off the blue route I-476) barnabys of america . What do you guys think about that ?

What if we all met at Raceway Park(Englishtown)?? It seems like it is in the middle for everyone.......... :chevy:

Is it open? if so that good for me :thumbs:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is cool with everyone to have themeet in raceway park (englishtown) on saturday 4-7-07. I would like to see what a my truck would do. 100% stock but I would to see. :cheers:

The earlier you do Englishtown, the better. That place is a Mob scene once the spring air hits. Mostly imports. I have been there on a test and tune day and got 1 run in in 4 hours. There had to be honestly 500+ cars there. Same goes for ATCO. If you want calm no stress 1/4 mile racing, go to Island Dragway in Great meadows NJ on a Friday night (street racing only).

Anyway, if you do have a gathering,...I am there.

Englishtown is out on the 7th, it is the annual Pontiac Show and Go............good luck getting near the place.

How far from NYC is Island Dragway?? I am going to call there tomorrow and see what is up for the 7th.

FYI, if we get a chance to run on the 1320, we are all going to need helmets.................

:chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Englishtown is out on the 7th, it is the annual Pontiac Show and Go............good luck getting near the place.

How far from NYC is Island Dragway?? I am going to call there tomorrow and see what is up for the 7th.

FYI, if we get a chance to run on the 1320, we are all going to need helmets.................

Where is Island Dragway at? NY or NJ........ I need a helment , maybe i can rent one for a day. Or have the meet some ather place , and do lunch and bull shit and Plan a meet later on in the spring when is no shit going on.

Where is Island Dragway at? NY or NJ........ I need a helment , maybe i can rent one for a day. Or have the meet some ather place , and do lunch and bull shit and Plan a meet later on in the spring when is no shit going on.

Island Dragway is in Great Meadows NJ..............gonna call there tomorrow, got tied up in crap at work today.

A lunch and bull sh*t sounds good too, I am game for what everyone else wants to do. Let me find out about Island Dragway before we make a decision.............Yes you will need a Helmet rated Snell 95 or higher whether its Englishtown or Island.....kind of the standard wherever you go. I will find out about renting helmets too.........I might just go buy one for the hell of it. :chevy:

Island Dragway is about 1 hour to 1.5 hours from NYC strait out 80 West. It is about 2 hours (or less) from Philly. I was there on Friday for their opener after work. I got my 110MPH 1/4 mile certificate. The track is about 45 minutes from my house.

Link:

Island Dragway Link

They rent helmets for $10. I believe there is a new rating this year and if you are running a supercharger, you will need a fire jacket. If anyone needs one, I have 2. I always bring my snowmobile helmet and just tell them I am going to rent one when I tech in. I then use my snowmobile helmet (which isn't rated snell 95). Its pretty relaxed.

Here is Island's Schedule, looks like a race day on the 7th. You want to go on a test and tune or on a Friday night. I know it is hard for a Friday night for most people but it is a blast. Its only street cars that are muffled. Open from 6 to 10:30.

Island Dragway 2007 Race schedule

keep us posted!!

thanks Krambo, I called there today and the chick that answered the phone wasn't very helpful.

That is awesome that they rent helmets, less crap to travel with.

Maybe the idea of a lunch and b*llshit is a better idea seeing how Island and Englishtown both have events going on. What does everyone else think???????????? :driving:

That sucks ,there is alot of event going on . That sounds good lunch and bull s#@t . Where is a good place around NJ? Wonna find an applebees or something like that . :cheers:

Don't forget about us TBSS's too. I was at Island today and got 11 runs in in 2 hrs and 15 min. Basically hot lapping. Definitely the best time I had there. I had to stop because I almost ran out of gas. Never expected to run more then 3 times.

Don't forget about us TBSS's too. I was at Island today and got 11 runs in in 2 hrs and 15 min. Basically hot lapping. Definitely the best time I had there. I had to stop because I almost ran out of gas. Never expected to run more then 3 times.

You guys are more then wolcome to show up .Im tolking to DDPROCTER and PHILLYSS from tbss.com , I think they put a posting on tbss.com . (not shore if they did ,Have to look). If they did not feel free to put post a posting out on ttss.com Thanks Mark :cheers:

You guys are more then wolcome to show up .Im tolking to DDPROCTER and PHILLYSS from tbss.com , I think they put a posting on tbss.com . (not shore if they did ,Have to look). If they did not feel free to put post a posting out on ttss.com Thanks Mark :cheers:

The more the merrier, bring those TBSS's down too. :driving: Has anyone had an idea where to meet???

The more the merrier, bring those TBSS's down too. :driving: Has anyone had an idea where to meet???

Where is every one coming from ? Im thinking some where in the middle for all of us. Im coming from Phila. area, I thinking Monmouth Junction N J ( off of Route 1 ) or Flemington N J (off of Route 202).I did a search on Applesbees site and , There a Applebees in Flemington on route 202. Would Applbees work for every one or not ? There is a HOOTERS south of Monmouth Junction on Route 1 South. :cheers: